Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA CLI? UPDATE (CLI Instant Approval)

tag
insidious28
New Contributor

BOFA CLI? UPDATE (CLI Instant Approval)

Is it Bofa strict about an account having to be 6 months open before requesting a cli?  I'm at 3 statements now and have run about 4k on it every statement and pif every time before the statement cuts.  I also opened 3 new accounts after them and this is my first Bofa card.  I know that they do a hard on transunion for cli request and they will see the new accounts.  Is it to soon to ask after 3 statements?  Don't want to waist a hard pull.  Forgot to mention my starting cl with them is 12K.  Would like to ask for 25k to be in line with my other cards.  Forgot to mention as of today because of the 3 new accounts transunion fico dropped to 786.

So I decided to go ahead and put in my cli request this morning and after inputing all the info it asked for for the cli request I got intstant approved for 22,100Smiley Happy. Weird number but I'll take it.  I did request 25k though. I'll leave it be since this is my first card with bofa.  Also got an alert like an hour later telling me bofa pulled transunion for the cli request.  Thank you all for the input on bofa.

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: BOFA CLI?

@insidious28 wrote:

Is it Bofa strict about an account having to be 6 months open before requesting a cli?  I'm at 3 statements now and have run about 4k on it every statement and pif every time before the statement cuts.  I also opened 3 new accounts after them and this is my first Bofa card.  I know that they do a hard on transunion for cli request and they will see the new accounts.  Is it to soon to ask after 3 statements?  Don't want to waist a hard pull.  Forgot to mention my starting cl with them is 12K.  Would like to ask for 25k to be in line with my other cards.  Forgot to mention as of today because of the 3 new accounts transunion fico dropped to 786.

I dont think they strict at all. I got approved for 1.8k,requested roughly a month later and got cli to 8k.and then 2 months later to 18k,all HP though

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

im planning to go for a CLI of 13k in a few months!

Message 3 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

They're generally flexible. With that amount of spend it should be easy to justify the CLI request even if you have to call the backdoor.
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have to call the back door, they are very friendly and reasonable if you can plead your case.

Message 5 of 28
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Got my card last April at 5K. Requested CLI in July and went to 15K. Not strict in my experience.

Message 6 of 28
JSS3
Valued Contributor

BOA will never do an auto increase? Your initial limit will always be your limit unless you're willing to take a hard pull?

Message 7 of 28
joltdude
Senior Contributor

BOA almost always wants a HP... Reason I say Almost is that if you call them within 30 days of them HP your account, oftentimes they will use the same pull... Thats how I helped get a family members starting limit bumped from 2k to 3k.. but its still good to ask if its going to be an HP or not..

Message 8 of 28
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I was told BOA doesn't require you to start small with them when you're new(like Barclays). If this is true, then you can get good starter limits either matching what you have or just something decent, like say, 5,000. I guess the key is to apply for a BOA card when your reports are super duper micromanaged. That way, you can get a decent starter limit. I can go years with a card with a 5,000 or more initial limit and not feel too bad about it. On the other hand, with cards like Barclays, which require you to start low until they get to know you(usually a 1.500 starter limit), I'd definitely have to take that HP to raise it. On the other hand, if one is willing to take the HP, BOA does seem to make it worth it. For instance, going from 2,000 > 10,000 is HP worthy. IMO.

Message 9 of 28
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Nope.. not always.. Family  member scores in the high 700s-low 800s and BOA would not budge much.. went from 2K to3K however, 5 years AAoA, Basically said your not gonna get much from us untill you have a morgage or installment loan reporting..We were trying to recon to 5K .. has a Amex with 9k and CU with 6k at the time

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.