Did you mean: 

BP store card approved & BP Visa approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BP store card approved & BP Visa approved

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on 400k, 12!  That's a heck of a milestone.  Has anyone on here gotten to a half mil?

I'm to  $629k.  There are some who are over a million

I wish you could have seen how I pictured my face looking as I read that.  It was one of those "does not compute" moments.

Do you think there is anyway you could summarize how you racked up that much credit so quickly?  

Message 51 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

Quick and in a nut shell I started with Walmart store card and Barclays card.  I paid what bills I could using my credit card then when I got paid,  I paid credit card offers in full.   Repeated cycle over and over.  I added Amex which I think liked the idea of my charge/payment history. I started added new cards and using the same practice with the new cards.   This strategy may not be for everyone but it has really worked wonders for me.   I also made strategic applications using the credit pulls database dependent upon which bureau was strongest.  And of course asking for credit line increases along the way.   Very few of my cards started with large limits,  they mostly came through cli requests.    That's it in a nut shell.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 52 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

Quick and in a nut shell I started with Walmart store card and Barclays card.  I paid what bills I could using my credit card then when I got paid,  I paid credit card offers in full.   Repeated cycle over and over.  I added Amex which I think liked the idea of my charge/payment history. I started added new cards and using the same practice with the new cards.   This strategy may not be for everyone but it has really worked wonders for me.   I also made strategic applications using the credit pulls database dependent upon which bureau was strongest.  And of course asking for credit line increases along the way.   Very few of my cards started with large limits,  they mostly came through cli requests.    That's it in a nut shell.

Thanks!  I really appreciate that information.  Once you got more cards, did you find it difficult to spend enough each month to use enough cards to whatever the proper extent was?  

Either way, your story could be an inspiration to many of us!

Message 53 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Thanks!  I really appreciate that information.  Once you got more cards, did you find it difficult to spend enough each month to use enough cards to whatever the proper extent was?  

Thanks.  I had to get creative with meeting spend amounts.  I began having family members, only the one's I could trust, pay their bills so I could meet the spend amounts.  I'm $600 away from meeting my last spend amount on my Fairmont visa and then I'm done.   It's been a ride meeting them all but well worth it.  I just added up my Cashback on my cards and I have $3,900 and that doesn't include points I have for hotels and airfare.  

___________ 12Njoy
Message 54 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Thanks.  I had to get creative with meeting spend amounts.  I began having family members, only the one's I could trust, pay their bills so I could meet the spend amounts.  I'm $600 away from meeting my last spend amount on my Fairmont visa and then I'm done.   It's been a ride meeting them all but well worth it.  I just added up my Cashback on my cards and I have $3,900 and that doesn't include points I have for hotels and airfare.  

Thanks for that reply, I'm quite glad I asked.  I'm grateful you were able to do all of that and share it with us.  I'm now pondering who I may be able to recruit like you did.  It seems like an excellent strategy.  And that $3900 is just jaw dropping.

Message 55 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Thanks for that reply, I'm quite glad I asked.  I'm grateful you were able to do all of that and share it with us.  I'm now pondering who I may be able to recruit like you did.  It seems like an excellent strategy.  And that $3900 is just jaw dropping.

I'll PM you a list of my cards which shows rewards and Cashback 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 56 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.