Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP store card approved & BP Visa approved

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

BP store card approved & BP Visa approved

Ok here I go again (I've broken the 400k mark this time for sure).  I applied for the BP card last week and was approved for the BP store version for $700.  After a couple of CLI denials, I got a CLI to $2,500.  Immediately sent a message through secure chat to see if I could upgrade ( I knew the answer before I sent it).  Anyways, I received the following message back from Synchrony at 12:05am: 

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your BP Credit Card, and the opportunity to be of service to you.

We cannot automatically change your current credit card into a BP Visa credit card.  You would have to apply online at www.bp.com.

Decided to go ahead and apply and see what would happen (Hoping I didn't wind up with another store card).  I received the following email and instant approval message:

BP® Visa® Credit Card Account Services
Dear :

Congratulations! You have been approved for a BP® Visa® Credit Card.

Your new card should arrive in the mail within 7 to 10 days. Upon receipt, be sure to sign and activate the card.

Called 1-800-278-4721 to find out what the limit was.  I was approved for $1,500.  Since the limit is different than my BP store card, they didn't cancel store card and I checked online for my store card and limit is still $2,500.  Once I get the card, I'll see if I can combine them.  They will probably say no I'm sure but I'll ask.

Congratulations

You have been approved for BP® Visa® Credit Card.You will receive your new card in 7 - 10 days. If you do not receive it please contact a customer service representative at 844-877-1945.
Your selected statement delivery method: Paper Statement
Set up your account for online access. You can manage your account online at http://www.mybpcreditcard.com/ and:
  • View and Pay your bill
  • View Electronic Statements
  • View transactions posted since your most recent statement
  To setup your account for online access, please select a User ID and password.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Re: BP store card approved & BP Visa approved

Congrats!

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 2 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I have combined limits with this discover and chase before but I never thought about it with store cards. It would be nice to close unused store cards and move limits to branded Visa or MasterCard from synchrony. I know your post is doing it only in house with two brand new cards but the wheels do start to turn… no?
Message 3 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

I'm going to give it a shout when I receive the new visa version. I don't think they'll let me do it but it won't be for a lack of trying. Lol
___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 5 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks Ron
___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:
Thanks Ron

You're welcome. I got denied because they could identify my identity. I called backdoor. They refused to recon my application.

Ron.

Message 7 of 57
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

12njoy just doesn't take too kindly to the first thing that they offer. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! Now you got me wanting to app for Walmart MC now

Message 8 of 57
ddemari
Super Contributor

Interesting when u call that number it says bp visa signature card services.
They locateds my account but had no details
On type of visa.
Message 9 of 57
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats 12njoy!! You're the first person I've seen to get both cards.
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.