cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

Established Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

I don't think people are necessarily afraid of financial review... I think, for me at least, it's more about not wanting to go through the hassle of submitting bank statements, tax returns and the like. I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Plus if the OP is a little generous when reporting income (like using family income) he could run into a problem.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 45
Established Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

If I'm not mistaken, Household income/Family income can be used.  That's generally how stay at home moms/dads get cards/credit in their own names.  I'm not going to think that anyone is fudging on income though I'm sure it happens, and even if I think they are, I'm not going to bring it up when they are celebrating.  But that's just me.......


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Message 12 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

And I think the OP is a little immune from "raining on his parade"!  Seems to have all the enthusiasm anyone would need.

 

I think an essential part of the forum is discussion of possible dangers.  Otherwise it is just a cheerleading support group (which has its place of course).  OP and anyone else can take or reject the advice.

Message 13 of 45
Established Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

Yes the OP does have enthusiasm, and that's one of the reasons I enjoy reading his posts and enjoy hearing about his increases.  I'm sure someone has started threads about the potential dangers of getting increases, apping for cards, etc.  and that's all well and good, but to do it during someone's celebration wreaks a little of hateration to me....


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Message 14 of 45
Established Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

People are just offering advice... what this forum is for. I don't see any problems.
Photobucket
Message 15 of 45
Established Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!


FloridaState12 wrote:
People are just offering advice... what this forum is for. I don't see any problems.

You  may not see a problem, and that's your choice/right.  I do.  Let the OP enjoy his moment.


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Message 16 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!


LesWH wrote:

First, I'm sure the OP knows what he is doing.  He doesn't appear to be new to credit.  Second, why is everyone so afraid of Financial Reviews?  I could care less if someone asked me for proof of finances because I can back them up and then some.  I would like to think that most people could do the same and are not fabricating.  Third, I can't stand when people try to rain on someone's parade and then follow it up with supposed concern.  Congratulations again OP.  Handle your business!!


Just because you can prove income does not mean you will pass the review. There have been people who have been reviewed by American Express, proving stated income, and still had limits lowered or hard limits placed on charge cards. Even if youngandcreditworthy is not lying about income, a freeze on accounts is inconvenient and they may become worried that someone is increasing all cards held by them. It could be an indicator that the person will default on them. They could easily close any account down or lower the limits on any of the accounts. I am not trying to bring anyone down, but better to warn someone then have them keep going and then be shocked when it happens, right? I have no reason to be jealous of youngandcreditworhy's limits because I have high (to me) limits of my own.

 

The advice should especially be considered since someone did report that it happened to them. I was just trying to help out. Youngandcreditworthy can either take the advice, or ignore it. I, again, am glad of all the success they have had since I myself like getting increases.

Message 17 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!


LesWH wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Household income/Family income can be used. 


Everytime I speak with an analyst they specifically say that they only want individual income. I am sure they do not care really, but they do stress that they do not want income that is not your own. What anyone puts down as income is their own business, but that is just what the analysts say when I speak with them.

 

Message 18 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

if i remember correctly OP claims his and his moms income as houselhold. it isnt the same with wife/husband. 

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 19 of 45
Established Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!


navigatethis12 wrote:

LesWH wrote:

First, I'm sure the OP knows what he is doing.  He doesn't appear to be new to credit.  Second, why is everyone so afraid of Financial Reviews?  I could care less if someone asked me for proof of finances because I can back them up and then some.  I would like to think that most people could do the same and are not fabricating.  Third, I can't stand when people try to rain on someone's parade and then follow it up with supposed concern.  Congratulations again OP.  Handle your business!!


Just because you can prove income does not mean you will pass the review. There have been people who have been reviewed by American Express, proving stated income, and still had limits lowered or hard limits placed on charge cards. Even if youngandcreditworthy is not lying about income, a freeze on accounts is inconvenient and they may become worried that someone is increasing all cards held by them. It could be an indicator that the person will default on them. They could easily close any account down or lower the limits on any of the accounts. I am not trying to bring anyone down, but better to warn someone then have them keep going and then be shocked when it happens, right? I have no reason to be jealous of youngandcreditworhy's limits because I have high (to me) limits of my own.

 

The advice should especially be considered since someone did report that it happened to them. I was just trying to help out. Youngandcreditworthy can either take the advice, or ignore it. I, again, am glad of all the success they have had since I myself like getting increases.


That's something that can happen to anyone at anytime.  While this board is the best and I have learned a lot from it, the paranoia at times is scary! If, as you say, you enjoy getting increases as well, then put yourself in the OP's position during a celebration of getting one.  Is it really necessary to bring up the thought of bad things during it? 


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Message 20 of 45