Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in with Chase

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Back in with Chase

I included a couple of Chase cards in a chapter 13 back in August 2008. All three reports are clean of negative accounts. Today I decided to try and get back in with Chase. I was approved for $500. I know not a lot but I'm back in with them. I have a barclay card with a $6500 limit and discover with a $3200 limit. We also bought a house back in April and got a decent rate. The chapter 13 and MyFico have taught me a lot. Also, I have 11 inquiries and using about 40% of my credit limit. That will be down to 15% after we get our bonus next week. Hope this info helps someone.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Back in with Chase

Congrats on getting back in with Chase!  Which card did you get from them?  When I spoke with them a few months ago, the rep indicated that they'd consider a new account after the past derogs fell off and that seems to have worked in your case.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like you have been working really hard on your credit profile. Great work & big congrats on getting back in with Chase! ☺ Thank you for sharing your success story with us.
Message 3 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with Chase.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

congrats on getting back in with Chase!!! 

Message 6 of 12
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

The Slate. Thanks everyone!
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and getting back in with Chase. Which card did you go for? They see, to be a bit more forgiving with previous bad history with them these days if enough time goes by and it's dropped off the reports. I had huge back to back approvals with them on two co-branded cards once my previous relatively small unpaid CO's with them fell off my reports.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chapter 13 was in May 2008! I couldn't believe it when I was able to get the United Explorer card. I haven't tried for a Chase card, yet, only the co-branded one. Congratulations! It really it is such a good feeling!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats!   Glad they did not black list you.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.