Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Republic Visa CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banana Republic Visa CLI

Congrats CA!  Woman Very Happy  Big limit for BR.  I didn't know Sync moves money around like Barclay.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats CA!  Woman Very Happy  Big limit for BR.  I didn't know Sync moves money around like Barclay.

Hi Sandi,

Synchrony actually does not allow you to move money between accounts or to reallocate limits. CA had hit the Synchrony ceiling of $100,000 in credit through different Synchrony cards, and generally when you hit that point, they are unwilling to grant additional CLI's on any card (there are always exceptions).

The only suggestion they can offer, as they did to CA, is to close a card to lower his exposure. There is no guarantee they will increase the CL on another card just because you closed a card, and there have been people on the board who have closed one Synchrony card in hopes of getting a CLI on another, only to be told no. I hope that helps explain. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratsulations on your CLI, CA! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Sandi,

Synchrony actually does not allow you to move money between accounts or to reallocate limits. CA had hit the Synchrony ceiling of $100,000 in credit through different Synchrony cards, and generally when you hit that point, they are unwilling to grant additional CLI's on any card (there are always exceptions).

The only suggestion they can offer, as they did to CA, is to close a card to lower his exposure. There is no guarantee they will increase the CL on another card just because you closed a card, and there have been people on the board who have closed one Synchrony card in hopes of getting a CLI on another, only to be told no. I hope that helps explain. Smiley Happy

+1 this guy was WAY better than the last time I was "near" exposure limit and closed cards and then didn't get what I was expecting... this guy actually conferenced in TJX automated system and I spoke through the prompts to close the account and as soon as the system said the account is closed, he hung up the 3way call and said give it 5 minutes and your $15k will be available... that's not the norm!!!

Account Summary

Current Balance* :$-4.21 
Minimum Payment Due :$0.00Make a Payment
Payment Due Date :07/08/2016 

Available Credit* :$15,000.00Request Increase
Available For Cash Advance* :$3,000.00 
Total Credit Limit :$15,000.00 

Last Payment :$12.51 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.