Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of The West Approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Of The West Approval.

@IaBoy62 wrote:

Congratulations on your approval! Got denied myself for too many inquiries and new accounts. There are several locations in my KS neighborhood and a couple friends think they are great! 

Bank of the West is a VERY conservative bank with, at best, poor quality cards and products. They are the only bank to ever make me recon for a credit card, and that was with me having a checking and savings account with them! I no longer have the card because, like basically all their products, it had no rewards. They're a step below Wells Fargo when it comes to credit card quality.

I used them for about two years because my parents used them. Let's just say this, neither my parents or I use them anymore. I use WF and NFCU and my mom and dad use US Bank. 

They're small, stingey and, in general, a major pain in the you know what. I had a fraud charge on my Bank of the West credit card and the CSR accused me of lying when I called in to inform them.

Anyway, congrats on the $8,000 card. That's a great limit with Bank of the West.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...

Message 22 of 28
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Thanks! And fitchaber10 at least its another card to build my credit Smiley Happy
Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 23 of 28
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I have a business rewards CC I got from them when I opened a biz checking.  The banker said I was preapproved at the time. Card came with an $18k limit which matched my Chase Ink card.  They are ok as a bank.  Website and bank policies are quirky but the folks I deal with at my branch are really nice and will do whatever to keep you happy.  Congrats on your card!

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  They are conservative so hats off to you.  

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS - Nice job!

Message 26 of 28
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Thanks Everyone!

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 27 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Yeah gdale I don't recall seeing Bank of the West either.

I saw a couple of branches in LA.

Ron.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.