Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America CLI

Hello, I'm posting this in regards to my mothers account. She has a BOA Amex card that constantly has balance transfer offers emailed and checks mailed. Well one of the offers was 0% until sometime in 2015, so she decided that could be used for some projects. The only issue was the low credit line, with the amount she wanted to borrow. So I went online and chatted with a rep and did the request. It came back much low then expected. Should we call in and ask again for the original amount or stuck with it? Not sure of recent credit score but they should be solid. Thanks for your help in advance!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI

@crosbyk1 wrote:
Hello, I'm posting this in regards to my mothers account. She has a BOA Amex card that constantly has balance transfer offers emailed and checks mailed. Well one of the offers was 0% until sometime in 2015, so she decided that could be used for some projects. The only issue was the low credit line, with the amount she wanted to borrow. So I went online and chatted with a rep and did the request. It came back much low then expected. Should we call in and ask again for the original amount or stuck with it? Not sure of recent credit score but they should be solid. Thanks for your help in advance!

I would have her call in. Good luck!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I think it is worth it.  

I opened the BOA Amex card in June 2013.  The account was initially opened with a $1K CL.  In less than 2 months, I have manged to convert the card to the BOA Cash Rewards card  in addition to received 2 seperate CL increases.  The first time, they doubled the CL to 2K.  Thereafter, it was increased to 4K.  

I want to call a third time to request another 1K increase so that I can get the Visa Signature card.  But, I feel like I am pushing my luck.  lol.  

But, like you - I received several awesome balance transfer offers. so this is what promoted me to contact them and ask for a higher limit.  I transferred a total of 3K to the card with 0.00 APR until 11/2014.  

Message 3 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the feedback. I was thinking maybe because the card hasn't been used in a few year.

Message 4 of 9
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

mine went from 4k to 17k in 6 monthsSmiley Happy 

Message 5 of 9
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:

mine went from 4k to 17k in 6 monthsSmiley Happy 

hum, so maybe it is worth calling again for a 3rd time and really pushing the limit.  lol

Message 6 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Do you use the car often?

Message 7 of 9
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:
Do you use the car often?

I don't use my BOA card much at all other than the initial balance transfers.   I mostly use AMEX for memberhsip rewards points.  

Message 8 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

Sounds like BofA has been on a credit expansion plan lately with tons of people getting humongous CLI's and starting credit limits. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.