cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America FINALLY relents. $6,600 CLI!

tag
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Bank of America FINALLY relents. $6,600 CLI!

Man, oh man!

As some might know, I've been upset with BofA since the beginning of this year. I got approved for trade lines with AmEx/Amazon/PayPal Credit around late November last year. I thought that those approvals were indicative of my FICO score and overall credit profile improving, so I decided to request a CLI from BofA at around the same time. I knew it was a HP, but I didn't care... I felt it'd be worth it. Keep in mind I've had this trade line since 2006/2007 or so, and have only had one increase ($1,500 -> $3,400.) Well, I hit CLI and got hit with the 7-10 day message. Got a letter stating it was declined for a bunch of reasons, none of which stopped the aforementioned places from approving me for new trade lines (each greater than $3,400, mind you).

This peeved me a bit, but I thought ok... fine... I'll put more spend on it and apply again.

So I hit CLI on Monday of this week. I had gotten approved by Chase for both the CSP and Freedom last week, and got the approval from Citi for the Diamond Preferred. Again, all of these cards approved with at least $3,000 more in CL than my BofA.

Well... guess what?

Same. **bleep**. Message.

I was pretty **bleep** upset by that. I almost called to just close it out and move on with life. But I remembered all the advice I've read over the last few months here and thought, "well, here's my chance to put it to good use." So I called the backdoor number. The CSR (I presume she was not an analayst herself) told me that it was denied but that she could put in a new request and asked me to verify some information (job title, employer name, how long I've been employed, what I wanted to get on the CLI, and what the absolute minimum was that I would accept). She told me it would be 2-3 days to hear from them and that she'd call me personally.

Fast forward to today. I get the call. I was completely prepared with my "just close my [expletive] account already" in case of denial.

But to my surprise... approved!

THEY FINALLY BENT! Approved for $10k! I couldn't believe it. They finally showed me that they care! Going from $3,400 to $10,000 feels really, really good even though I have several trade lines at or above that mark. I can't wait to put even more spend through it and continue to grow it.

All in all, a very happy last couple of weeks. And for now... just for now, Bank of America, we are friends Smiley Wink

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

C E N T U R Y  C L U B  M E M B E R

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America FINALLY relents. $6,600 CLI!

Wtg!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 5
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Khalifa_Jayy wrote:

But to my surprise... approved!

THEY FINALLY BENT! Approved for $10k! I couldn't believe it. They finally showed me that they care! Going from $3,400 to $10,000 feels really, really good even though I have several trade lines at or above that mark. I can't wait to put even more spend through it and continue to grow it.

All in all, a very happy last couple of weeks. And for now... just for now, Bank of America, we are friends Smiley Wink

Most excellent! Smiley Happy Congrats that's super awesome. Love that last part!! You're BFFs for now. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

This is fantastic news and I am soooo happy for you!  I've obviously followed your journey since everytime the subject of how generous BOA is comes up, you seem to be the outlier that they don't love (and for the record, CapOne and I have a complicated relationship so I completely understand).  Cool your jets with new accounts for a bit, make some purchases or BTs, and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when you ask for $25-30k the normal way next go-around.  Congrats!

Edit: Also I completely understand the victory aspect and how good it feels even when you have larger trade lines.

Message 4 of 5
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

This is fantastic news and I am soooo happy for you!  I've obviously followed your journey since everytime the subject of how generous BOA is comes up, you seem to be the outlier that they don't love (and for the record, CapOne and I have a complicated relationship so I completely understand).  Cool your jets with new accounts for a bit, make some purchases or BTs, and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when you ask for $25-30k the normal way next go-around.  Congrats!

Edit: Also I completely understand the victory aspect and how good it feels even when you have larger trade lines.

Thanks, K! Yea, it's been a sore and touchy subject for me... and maybe I was overreacting just a bit... but it feels really good to:

1) Follow the advice given here and see it be fruitful

and

2) Be rewarded for sticking it out and not folding first.

Cheers to wisdom, patience, and self-control!

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.