Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured CLI

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Secured CLI

Hi all. Just some encouraging news. I just hit my 6 month anniversary on my BOA secured card; called and requested a CLI and was granted $500 raise (with an additional $99 deposit). So now my limit is $1000 (my deposit totals $198) and in 6 more months I should be graduating to unsecured and another CLI, plus getting my deposit back. So for those of you gardening a secured BOA ask for a CLI after your 6th statement, but be warned: it will be a hard pull and isn't guaranteed.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured CLI

@Jasir wrote:
Hi all. Just some encouraging news. I just hit my 6 month anniversary on my BOA secured card; called and requested a CLI and was granted $500 raise (with an additional $99 deposit). So now my limit is $1000 (my deposit totals $198) and in 6 more months I should be graduating to unsecured and another CLI, plus getting my deposit back. So for those of you gardening a secured BOA ask for a CLI after your 6th statement, but be warned: it will be a hard pull and isn't guaranteed.

Congarts and the info will help someone else Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
justforting
Regular Contributor

congrats!

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 3 of 18
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 18
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 5 of 18
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Which i had went with BoA instead of Wells fargo for secured card, I reluctantly bank with well fargo so sigh

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 6 of 18
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 7 of 18
bd2eazy

Congrats !

As a new BoA card holder.. I request that you share your tactics that lead you to the CLI. 

Did you PIF before statement closed? Leave a balance and pay before due date? Were 

the other cards essential? I hope to share the same news 6 months from now, I just got

my card last week.

Message 8 of 18
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I recall hearing that BoA won't unsecure a card until 12 months after the last CLI. Hopefully this isn't the case on the $99 deposit secured cards.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 9 of 18
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@bd2eazy wrote:

Congrats !

As a new BoA card holder.. I request that you share your tactics that lead you to the CLI. 

Did you PIF before statement closed? Leave a balance and pay before due date? Were 

the other cards essential? I hope to share the same news 6 months from now, I just got

my card last week.

My only tactic is to pay on time every month. Sometimes I pay in full (most months), but I occasionally let a balance carry to the next statement. I always pay more than the minimum due. I don't worry about spending a certain amount on the card at all. I treat all my cards this way because I don't have the time or inclination to jump through hoops trying to maximize FICO potential (my Barclaycard posts at least 40% utilization most cycles).

Here's what my balances looked like at time of approval: Barclaycard $225 ($750 CL); Walmart $163 ($500 CL); Chase - $0; BOA - $0; My FICO scores are between 655 (TU) to 705 (EX).

The 6 month mark seems to be standard time for evaluation for a CLI, so just make sure at time of request your utilization is below 30% and never miss a payment.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.