Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 9/17]

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization

I've been trying to stay out of Approvals lately (guess why? LOL) so sorry I missed some posts here.  Joe (the credit loving one, not the average one), I took a shot on the online combined HP so no problem.  As you stated, it worked fine.  Only 1 HP for the CLI and app.  So my plan now is to wait until June or July 2018 (that's gonna be hard), and then in one day ask for $60k on the Travel Rewards, $60k on the BankAmericard, and $25k on the Cash Rewards, then combine them all into the much older Travel Rewards card closing the two newer ones, request a PC to a plain BankAmericard (or maybe a Cash Rewards) and request an APR reduction.  Crossing my fingers to get my first $100k revolver that way, although I guess there is always the outside chance that my Amex SPG could get there first. 

Also, BOA sent me an email same-day when I hit the spend bonus to let me know - that was fast and easy and I wish all lenders did that.  Money credited into my checking account (with a nice little extra relationship bonus of course) within 24 hours of my first statement closing!

thenise, congrats on the CLI!  Certainly if you want more, just shoot for the moon.

Khalifa_Jayy, sorry you haven't had as much luck with them.

Message 31 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats buddy Smiley Happy

I know some don't like BOA

But this JOE LOVES BOA Smiley Happy FOREVER AND FOREVER hehe

Message 32 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I've been trying to stay out of Approvals lately (guess why? LOL) so sorry I missed some posts here.  Joe (the credit loving one, not the average one), I took a shot on the online combined HP so no problem.  As you stated, it worked fine.  Only 1 HP for the CLI and app.  So my plan now is to wait until June or July 2018 (that's gonna be hard), and then in one day ask for $60k on the Travel Rewards, $60k on the BankAmericard, and $25k on the Cash Rewards, then combine them all into the much older Travel Rewards card closing the two newer ones, request a PC to a plain BankAmericard (or maybe a Cash Rewards) and request an APR reduction.  Crossing my fingers to get my first $100k revolver that way, although I guess there is always the outside chance that my Amex SPG could get there first. 

Also, BOA sent me an email same-day when I hit the spend bonus to let me know - that was fast and easy and I wish all lenders did that.  Money credited into my checking account (with a nice little extra relationship bonus of course) within 24 hours of my first statement closing!

thenise, congrats on the CLI!  Certainly if you want more, just shoot for the moon.

Khalifa_Jayy, sorry you haven't had as much luck with them.

To be honest if I was you I wouldn't wait until June or July 2018 to get your clis. The credit line increase button should come up in 3 months but I would wait until ALL of your cards has the credit line increase opition before I request it ( So it will be only one HP) for alll 3 clis. I know you don't want the  extra HP but I think it might have to be that way for you to get up to 60K. On my cards it shows back up after the 3rd statement but I wait until my 4th statement cuts to get a better cli Smiley Happy. The reason I am telling you this because I think it will take 2 cli before you reach your goal (60K ) on 2 and 25K on the other card. My 2 cards started 2K each and now just in 9 months they are $23.6K AND $11K ps I always get  CLI everytime I do the cli at my 4th statement

Message 33 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Those are some fantastic gains in under a year!  While it would be nice to have 60+60+25, my real goal with BOA is just to make the current Travel Rewards card $100k.  Anything above that would just be gravy.  I do wonder if it might take more than 1 round of CLIs to get me there since I'm just over $60k now.  I've been essentially getting 5-digit CLIs (or really high 4s) every time the Request a credit line increase pops up every 3 months (it's back on my Travel Rewards card) but at some point I think BOA will slow down the flow, if not outright shut off the valve.  I think I'd like to give my INQs at least a year to cool off, and then go crazy with CLI requests in one day before going on a closing and combining spree, not just with BOA but with many of my lenders.  If that round doesn't put me at least in the $80s, I may prolong the BOA combining until the next round of CLI requests.  Hoping that my util should be down another $15k or so by then also, which should have me at or near enough to an 800 TU 08.

All subject to change, of course, so no guarantees you won't see me update this again in the next month or two with a triple CLI attempt.  LOL

Message 34 of 78
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update. I went from $5,000 to $10,000 doing the same thing as you carrying a high utilization 0% apr offer. Last CLI was on 4/20 so the button should be popping up within the next few days. I believe I hit it before and it was denied; but then I waited for it to pop up again at the 4 month mark and it was successful. We will see what happens this time. Thanks for the reminder and congratulations!

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 35 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Those are some fantastic gains in under a year!  While it would be nice to have 60+60+25, my real goal with BOA is just to make the current Travel Rewards card $100k.  Anything above that would just be gravy.  I do wonder if it might take more than 1 round of CLIs to get me there since I'm just over $60k now.  I've been essentially getting 5-digit CLIs (or really high 4s) every time the Request a credit line increase pops up every 3 months (it's back on my Travel Rewards card) but at some point I think BOA will slow down the flow, if not outright shut off the valve.  I think I'd like to give my INQs at least a year to cool off, and then go crazy with CLI requests in one day before going on a closing and combining spree, not just with BOA but with many of my lenders.  If that round doesn't put me at least in the $80s, I may prolong the BOA combining until the next round of CLI requests.  Hoping that my util should be down another $15k or so by then also, which should have me at or near enough to an 800 TU 08.

All subject to change, of course, so no guarantees you won't see me update this again in the next month or two with a triple CLI attempt.  LOL

Me too Smiley Happy I am at 767 TU score and I want to be in the 800's but I think it will be months before my does get that high since I have open many accounts up in last year yes MANY LOL. I willn't tell you because it freaks me out when I see the total of cards I open lol. Plus I need a open installment loan on my reports, I have 5 that are paid off and closed. My house is paid off Smiley Happy and my car is also paid off Smiley Happy I found out that BOA really doesn't care about the INQs as much as other banks Smiley Happy I have a few (11 on my). I hope to see  new posts in the future from you about your AWESOME boa cards clis Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 4/17]

@Erusidhion wrote:

Can confirm personally that Bank of America gives CLIs on high utilization and big ones too. My most recent was $5000 to $10,000 and I was carrying $3,000 BT on it for 1.99%. Once I hit the $10k mark I recently took out $7000 to max it out. I'm paying off an old auto loan to release my title to sell it off as well as put some of the money towards a 5% APR Discover BT. Essentially trying to knock out some high monthly payments $200 worth to throw at something else.

I am trying to plan around NFCU's 0% offers at end of year (targeted) and my own local CU's 1.99% for life of balance (INCREDIBLE deal and usually at end of the year). Plus there's the NFCU 1.99% APR deal they give everyone for holiday spending. I am /hoping/ to have Bank of America's and NFCU's credit limits up around $15,0000 to $20,000 so my utilization isn't maxed out.

As of today my highest APR will be my car loan at 2.5% APR. I'll probably continue bouncing balances around until they're paid off which I've agressively started doing. Planning on a house in the future.

Bank of America is pretty awesome and as soon as the CLI button becomes available again I'm pressing it and I'm asking for $25,000 this time. 3 months from now is the NFCU button + app for another card. 2017 is going to be a great year. Once I get my Discover paid down a bit I think they'll open CLIs up to me again. Right now it's been a no go.

WOW  CU's 1.99% for life of balance ? WHERE? wow Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No kidding, I somehow missed that "for life" part originally.  NASA FCU kickstarted my debt reduction with their 7.9% for life, but that's paid off as I was able to improve things enough to shuffle around and expand my portfolio thanks to them and I thankfully got to the point where 7.9% was too much interest (this coming from the guy paying 20%+ for much of 6 figures for a decade).  1.99% for life is one incredible deal if they have the credit lines to make it worthwhile!

Message 38 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

No kidding, I somehow missed that "for life" part originally.  NASA FCU kickstarted my debt reduction with their 7.9% for life, but that's paid off as I was able to improve things enough to shuffle around and expand my portfolio thanks to them and I thankfully got to the point where 7.9% was too much interest (this coming from the guy paying 20%+ for much of 6 figures for a decade).  1.99% for life is one incredible deal if they have the credit lines to make it worthwhile!

+1111111111111111

1.99% for life is one incredible deal if they have the credit lines to make it worthwhile! I would take it so I wouldn't have to worry about when the promo ends etc Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 78
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

First off congratulations to everone on successful cli' s! My question is when you hit the button for the cli they pull TU am I correct? And if you do a 2 for 1 and include an app will they also pull TU for that as well? Especially since they're known to pull EXP for apps

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 40 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.