TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 41 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 4/17]

@credit_endurance wrote:

First off congratulations to everone on successful cli' s! My question is when you hit the button for the cli they pull TU am I correct? And if you do a 2 for 1 and include an app will they also pull TU for that as well? Especially since they're known to pull EXP for apps

Yes TU pull and everything can be done with one pull. Keep in mind if you have hit your ceiling with Boa at the time, They might move some of your limit from another card to approve the new card but not all Smiley Happy. That is why I do my clis first then apply for a new card Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Khalifa_Jayy wrote:
I must be the only one that BofA hates.

Sorry Smiley Sad

Don't feel bad DISCOVER hates my butt lol

Message 43 of 78
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

First off congratulations to everone on successful cli' s! My question is when you hit the button for the cli they pull TU am I correct? And if you do a 2 for 1 and include an app will they also pull TU for that as well? Especially since they're known to pull EXP for apps

Yes TU pull and everything can be done with one pull. Keep in mind if you have hit your ceiling with Boa at the time, They might move some of your limit from another card to approve the new card but not all Smiley Happy. That is why I do my clis first then apply for a new card Smiley Happy

Thanks so much JoeLuvsHisCredit! I just checked my account and see the request link has appeared again for me.Last time was in march when I bumped my 1-2-3 Cashrewards from $2500- $6500  and my Merril Lynh $from $5,000-$10,100 but eventually closed/rallocated Merrill Lynch to Cashrewards. Recieved a hard pulled for the reallacation when they claim they would only do a sp Smiley Sad Was wondering what would be my chances of recieving a nice bump?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 44 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Thanks so much JoeLuvsHisCredit! I just checked my account and see the request link has appeared again for me.Last time was in march when I bumped my 1-2-3 Cashrewards from $2500- $6500  and my Merril Lynh $from $5,000-$10,100 but eventually closed/rallocated Merrill Lynch to Cashrewards. Recieved a hard pulled for the reallacation when they claim they would only do a sp Smiley Sad Was wondering what would be my chances of recieving a nice bump?

I am very surprise that you got a hp for this " but eventually closed/rallocated Merrill Lynch to Cashrewards." because i pc one of my cards into another of my cards and closed it out ( I got clis on both of my cards plus a new card with ONE hp) . We really don't know how much a CLI you will get, Because it willl be base on your profile and income etc. But I think you should get at least 5K if your profile supports it Sorry I really don't know what you will get Smiley Sad

Message 45 of 78
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

I am very surprise that you got a hp for this " but eventually closed/rallocated Merrill Lynch to Cashrewards." because i pc one of my cards into another of my cards and closed it out ( I got clis on both of my cards plus a new card with ONE hp) . We really don't know how much a CLI you will get it base on your profile and income etc. But I think you should get at least 5K if your profile supports it Sorry I really don't know what you will get Smiley Sad

Sure I do understand JoeLusHisCredit. I was just really worried that they would count my ( reallocation) as a cli increase. Which means that was done in May and it would be too soon to request a credit line increase but it looks like a few had had success requesting them very frequently Smiley Happy I am also carrying a significant BT balance from some nice offers I had around April/May that was my main reason in reallocating the credit line then.

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 46 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

I am very surprise that you got a hp for this " but eventually closed/rallocated Merrill Lynch to Cashrewards." because i pc one of my cards into another of my cards and closed it out ( I got clis on both of my cards plus a new card with ONE hp) . We really don't know how much a CLI you will get it base on your profile and income etc. But I think you should get at least 5K if your profile supports it Sorry I really don't know what you will get Smiley Sad

Sure I do understand JoeLusHisCredit. I was just really worried that they would count my ( reallocation) as a cli increase. Which means that was done in May and it would be too soon to request a credit line increase but it looks like a few had had success requesting them very frequently Smiley Happy

Oh No they willn't count that as a cli, they didn't at least for my cards. I got cli everytime but I waited until after my 4th statement cut ( around 3 weeks after the cli button shows up) and I always have carried a balance transfer from day 1 on my card. It seems like to me that BOA loves you when you do and keep a balance transfer on your card at least for me.

Message 47 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Agreed, they're not CapOne - combining limits you already had is not considered a CLI.  If you're carrying a BT balance and your profile otherwise supports higher limits, BOA should be very generous.  I'd ask for a lot more than you expect to get.  Joe's having luck every 4 statements, I'm having luck as soon as the link returns every 3 months.  Also for a datapoint on using the same HP, I'll copy and paste myself from another thread today: BOA pulled EX for my BankAmericard (opened on phone with analyst) and TU for my many CLI requests. Cash Rewards opening online used the same TU pull as a CLI minutes before.

Message 48 of 78
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks K-in-Boston & Joes LuvsHisCredit for the helpful information. I think I'm going to shoot for the moon on the CLI and app for probably the travel rewards card. I will update this thread when I have some news.Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 78
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Update: I had been mulling over hitting that request a credit line increase button for the past few weeks. Wanted to apply for Alliant 3% cash back visa siggy first before I hit the button. Received denial notice from Alliant this afternoon Smiley Frustrated But didn't let that get me down much. Knew I probably could count on BOA coming through so with that hit button and put a request for $30k they countered with $26k! That's a $10k increase from my previous limit of $16,600. Card started at $2,500 SL then went to $6,500 then $16,600 and now $26,000 all in less than 1 year via hp's of course but well worth it! I have been carrying a balance of $7500 plus for the past 3 months or so due to some very nice BT offers. Now to decide if I will go for a 2 for 1 with the same pull. Was considering the travel rewards card any thoughts?

Message 50 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.