Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 9/17]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 6/17]

I noticed BOA did that to me while I got 4K from them some it was taken from another card lol.

Message 71 of 78
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Dang K!! Thats amazing, especially with the high balance too! BOFA is really generous to a lot of folks, but they never budged for me in the almost 2 years I had the card. I think my BK was slowing that down.
Congrats!
Message 72 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Dang K!! Thats amazing, especially with the high balance too! BOFA is really generous to a lot of folks, but they never budged for me in the almost 2 years I had the card. I think my BK was slowing that down.
Congrats!

I bet it's your BK is slowing that down. Sorry buddy Smiley Sad

Message 73 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:
Congrats!

Could be your TU score.  Need to assign you to partner with AJC and stay in his garden corner to get those scores up up up!  BOA seems to be perfectly content somewhere in the 710s-720s, although if your TU was there prior to all of the new accounts it very well might be the BK although I think they are pretty forgiving if it's been a while.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.  I also got around to updating the first post to give a quick outline of the CLI amounts and frequency.

Message 74 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 9/17]

wow! congratulations!!!!

Message 75 of 78
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Update: I call this the thread that just keeps on giving lol. Logged into my boa account to make a payment on my cash rewards and noticed that my not yet activated Merrill Lynch Visa had the ( request a credit line increase) already starring me in the face. Couldn't believe it as I was always under the assumption it wouldn't appear at least until after the 90 mark. Well, they didn't have to ask me twice, hit the button requested $30,000 and received another $7,000! bringing the Merrill Lynch credit line to $17,000 Wow! Should be the same hp from last week. To top things off Boa sent me a letter stating they would also be requesting a deletion of a hp back in May for a credit line reallocation mistake they made. I am loving some BOA right now Smiley Wink

WOW
Yes  That is amazing!  Congrats on that amazing CLIS  and everything else Sorry about Alliant

Sorry for the delay I been out of town working 14 to 16 hours a day

You know I love my BOA

No worries JoeLuvsHisCredit. Good to see your around and thanks again!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 76 of 78
NRB525
Super Contributor

Wow, congrats on all the increases, it's been a very productive year for you!

My two oldest BofA cards went through the balance chasing after the credit crisis, then it stopped about the end of 2013. Got a nice auto CLI on one of the cards in 2015. 

After I get through the spend bonuses on the new Altitude, then a CSR late this year, I may have to look into opening a BofA checking, then ask for some HP CLI next spring. 

Thanks for sharing the details.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 77 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@NRB525 wrote:

Wow, congrats on all the increases, it's been a very productive year for you!

My two oldest BofA cards went through the balance chasing after the credit crisis, then it stopped about the end of 2013. Got a nice auto CLI on one of the cards in 2015. 

After I get through the spend bonuses on the new Altitude, then a CSR late this year, I may have to look into opening a BofA checking, then ask for some HP CLI next spring. 

Thanks for sharing the details.

Suprising, BOA is one of the few lenders that never balance chased DW and I when we in the 80s and 90s for overall util.  They did rate jack us, however.  It may have had a lot to do with our primary checking being through them.  I got serious about getting us out of debt in late 2015, and once our util was down into the 60s, BOA gave both DW and I $3k auto CLIs in early 2016 on our old acquired MBNA cards.  The throwing money at us started when I called to lower the APR on my Travel Rewards card (PC from the aforementioned MBNA card) in November 2016, although it looks like the faucet may be slowing to a drip for the time being.  No complaints here, though.  Best of luck with the HP requests, just remember to not be shy!

I updated my first post to reflect yesterday's Premium Rewards approval.  They took $21k from my Travel Rewards card to open the Premium Rewards card.  I just asked for a CLI to $50k on my Travel Rewards card and it went pending (a first for me), so we'll see.

Message 78 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.