Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 9/17]

tag
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 4/17]

Can confirm personally that Bank of America gives CLIs on high utilization and big ones too. My most recent was $5000 to $10,000 and I was carrying $3,000 BT on it for 1.99%. Once I hit the $10k mark I recently took out $7000 to max it out. I'm paying off an old auto loan to release my title to sell it off as well as put some of the money towards a 5% APR Discover BT. Essentially trying to knock out some high monthly payments $200 worth to throw at something else.

I am trying to plan around NFCU's 0% offers at end of year (targeted) and my own local CU's 1.99% for life of balance (INCREDIBLE deal and usually at end of the year). Plus there's the NFCU 1.99% APR deal they give everyone for holiday spending. I am /hoping/ to have Bank of America's and NFCU's credit limits up around $15,0000 to $20,000 so my utilization isn't maxed out.

As of today my highest APR will be my car loan at 2.5% APR. I'll probably continue bouncing balances around until they're paid off which I've agressively started doing. Planning on a house in the future.

Bank of America is pretty awesome and as soon as the CLI button becomes available again I'm pressing it and I'm asking for $25,000 this time. 3 months from now is the NFCU button + app for another card. 2017 is going to be a great year. Once I get my Discover paid down a bit I think they'll open CLIs up to me again. Right now it's been a no go.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 21 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great news OP. I have a lot of family members who Bank exclusively with Bank of America, multiple credit cards multiple loans the mortgage and so on. once youre awarded credit limits like that it is almost a no-brainer to stay in house on new loans or whatever. both parties win. That being said because we are slightly more informed than the public, if Bank of America gives you that kind of love the big Credit Unions do it as well but again those are great numbers for BofA with your stats, you are in a position to not have wandering eyes.
Message 22 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The insanity continues... I'm in the garden, but my wife is not.  $20k CLI to $60,000 on her alumni Platinum Plus!!! Asked for $75,000 and got instant counter-offer.  TU 772, 200k+ income, probably about 6 INQs and 8 new accounts in 2 years (4 as AU).  Starting to think BOA hard pulls are like SPG points - they're worth at least 3 of the competitor's.

FYI

You can use the same hard pull for another card cli or for another product for 30 days Smiley Happy. I have done it a few times. I waited until both of my cards have the CLI button and done it all together Smiley Happy

It's her only BOA card and she doesn't want another.  Just to confirm, though, if you do the CLI button online for 2 or more products their automated system is smart enough to use the same HP?  I was under the impression that it would require a call in order to avoid a 2nd (or more) HP on TU?  If that's the case, I'll just do my CLIs online next year before I call to merge my BankAmericard into my Travel Rewards.

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats crazy good, since Boa usually Rocks around these here parts, im gonna go out on a limb and say her cli approval was a ....Diamond...in the ruffSmiley Happy

Certainly a diamond!  It was "only" $22k about 13 months ago, before the $3k auto and these last two mega-increases.

@Erusidhion wrote:

Bank of America is pretty awesome and as soon as the CLI button becomes available again I'm pressing it and I'm asking for $25,000 this time.

And I would not at all be surprised to see a nice counter-offer.  Best of luck; sounds like your 2017 plans are great!

@Anonymous wrote:
That is great news OP. I have a lot of family members who Bank exclusively with Bank of America, multiple credit cards multiple loans the mortgage and so on. once youre awarded credit limits like that it is almost a no-brainer to stay in house on new loans or whatever. both parties win. That being said because we are slightly more informed than the public, if Bank of America gives you that kind of love the big Credit Unions do it as well but again those are great numbers for BofA with your stats, you are in a position to not have wandering eyes.

Their limits have been really good for us, but we have yet to find them to be competitive for us at all with any other lending products.  Strange that they trust us with mountains of unsecured debt, but not with APRs in their lower ranges.  Kind of the opposite of Chase and Citi, where new products have had the lowest offered APRs but not exactly staggering starting lines (first world problems; I know many many members of this forum would love to get $5-12k starting lines).  It's not really a deal-breaker at all, though.  I've said before, the last swipe on a BOA card for us was probably around 2004.  If we're just giving them 3% BT fees for 0% or 1.99%, then I'm considering all of them to be a 3.5-6% APR (since the 3% is paid up front they need to be inflated a bit from 3% or 4.99%), not 17-19%.

Message 23 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'm going to blame it on feeling under the weather today, but I couldn't resist hitting that luv button on the BankAmericard Platinum Plus this morning.  Asked for $50k and they gave me a $13,000 CLI, bringing it up to $34,600.  I also had an offer for the Cash Rewards Visa Signature card when logging out and decided why not, and will see what happens with the combined HP.  So far just one alert.  I'm looking at combining cards in a year but I may have hit my current max with BOA with $62,900 in individual revolving lines.  SL was only $7500 on the Cash Rewards and I see that they immediately took $6k of my BankAmericard line to open it, knocking it down to $28,600.  So that's still a net $7k CLI (on a card that was opened less than 7 months ago after receiving a $9600 CLI at 3 months, has never had a single swipe and has seen 80+% balance transfer util) and a new $7500 trade line.

Time to work on my signature again, but here's my current BOA lineup:

12/2005 BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature $26,800 [SL was $5100 as an MBNA card, where it sat until last May]

11/2016 BankAmericard Platinum Plus $28,600 [SL was $12k]

06/2017 BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $7,500 [SL]

10/2001 BankAmericard Alumni Association Platinum Plus $60,000 [Authorized User, not sure what SL was.  CL was $22k 14 months ago]

My 0% balance transfer ends June 2018 on the Platinum Plus, so next summer I'll ask for $60k each on the first two and $25k on the Cash Rewards then combine the lines to the aged Travel Rewards card and make one big probably $75-100k line, and maybe followed by a PC downgrade to the BankAmericard Platinum Plus.

Message 24 of 78
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 6/17]

Nice K,

Boa should steal a tune and say every "Clis" begins with "K"Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been looking at that CLI button on my BoA Travel Rewards card for months. After reading this, I went ahead and hit the button and asked for 10k (Current limit was $2600) and  I got the instant approval. So happy I did it. 

Message 26 of 78
Gmood1
Super Contributor

If it was instant for the exact requested CL... you've left some CL on the table. Go back in your online account and aim higher, they'll counter offer.

Message 27 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been looking at that CLI button on my BoA Travel Rewards card for months. After reading this, I went ahead and hit the button and asked for 10k (Current limit was $2600) and  I got the instant approval. So happy I did it. 

GO BACK and ask for more Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The insanity continues... I'm in the garden, but my wife is not.  $20k CLI to $60,000 on her alumni Platinum Plus!!! Asked for $75,000 and got instant counter-offer.  TU 772, 200k+ income, probably about 6 INQs and 8 new accounts in 2 years (4 as AU).  Starting to think BOA hard pulls are like SPG points - they're worth at least 3 of the competitor's.

FYI

You can use the same hard pull for another card cli or for another product for 30 days Smiley Happy. I have done it a few times. I waited until both of my cards have the CLI button and done it all together Smiley Happy

It's her only BOA card and she doesn't want another.  Just to confirm, though, if you do the CLI button online for 2 or more products their automated system is smart enough to use the same HP?  I was under the impression that it would require a call in order to avoid a 2nd (or more) HP on TU?  If that's the case, I'll just do my CLIs online next year before I call to merge my BankAmericard into my Travel Rewards.

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats crazy good, since Boa usually Rocks around these here parts, im gonna go out on a limb and say her cli approval was a ....Diamond...in the ruffSmiley Happy

Certainly a diamond!  It was "only" $22k about 13 months ago, before the $3k auto and these last two mega-increases.

@Erusidhion wrote:

Bank of America is pretty awesome and as soon as the CLI button becomes available again I'm pressing it and I'm asking for $25,000 this time.

And I would not at all be surprised to see a nice counter-offer.  Best of luck; sounds like your 2017 plans are great!

@Anonymous wrote:

Their limits have been really good for us, but we have yet to find them to be competitive for us at all with any other lending products.  Strange that they trust us with mountains of unsecured debt, but not with APRs in their lower ranges.  Kind of the opposite of Chase and Citi, where new products have had the lowest offered APRs but not exactly staggering starting lines (first world problems; I know many many members of this forum would love to get $5-12k starting lines).  It's not really a deal-breaker at all, though.  I've said before, the last swipe on a BOA card for us was probably around 2004.  If we're just giving them 3% BT fees for 0% or 1.99%, then I'm considering all of them to be a 3.5-6% APR (since the 3% is paid up front they need to be inflated a bit from 3% or 4.99%), not 17-19%.

Sorry For the delay I didn't see this until now so sorry

Yes their automated system is smart enough to use the same HP. But sometimes they will move limits around like they did to you if you hit your ceiling with them at the moment.

Message 29 of 78
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

This great Bank abounds with generosity!!!

You treat them well and they know how to return the favor for you bigly.

Congrats!!!

Can't say I've had the same experience, but major congrats to the OP!

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.