Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 9/17]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America big CLIs with high utilization [UPDATED 6/17]

That's great to hear! I'll definitely stay below the 90% mark, and will keep an eye out for the CLI button. Out of curiousity, which page does that button appear on?

Message 61 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Right on the main account screen next to your credit limit. It will just be plain blue text (will screen cap and edit this later when I can get to a computer). Again, your score will likely take a hit but as long as you time it well you should be fine. Try not to have the BT amount duplicated on multiple cards if you can help it.

Edit: Here's what it looks like.

Message 62 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Update: I call this the thread that just keeps on giving lol. Logged into my boa account to make a payment on my cash rewards and noticed that my not yet activated Merrill Lynch Visa had the ( request a credit line increase) already starring me in the face. Couldn't believe it as I was always under the assumption it wouldn't appear at least until after the 90 mark. Well, they didn't have to ask me twice, hit the button requested $30,000 and received another $7,000! bringing the Merrill Lynch credit line to $17,000 Wow! Should be the same hp from last week. To top things off Boa sent me a letter stating they would also be requesting a deletion of a hp back in May for a credit line reallocation mistake they made. I am loving some BOA right now Smiley Wink

WOW
Yes  That is amazing!  Congrats on that amazing CLIS  and everything else Sorry about Alliant

Sorry for the delay I been out of town working 14 to 16 hours a day

You know I love my BOA

Message 63 of 78
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Preparing to do some BT shuffling and noticed that the BankAmericard Platinum Plus the analyst talked me into opening back in November had the Request A Credit Line Increase button.  Normally, I wouldn't even think of hitting it that soon but BOA has been good to me this year so I thought why not - just one more INQ on TU won't kill me.  Instant 80% increase from $12,000 to $21,600 on a card with almost $10k of 0% BT sitting on it, or about 82% util.  (Asked for $25k.)

I took the HP on Jan 1 for my Travel Rewards VS (used to be an MBNA card until 11 years ago) and they doubled it from $8,100 to $16,200 with about $5500 of 0% BT on it, or about 70% util.  (Asked for $25k.)  Decided after that happened that my wife should give hers a shot (I am an AU) on her alumni Platinum Plus, and with 80% utilization from a 0% BT she went from $25k to $40k (asked for $50k).  

So, 70-82% util and $32,700 in CLIs in 2 months!  BOA seems to really like heavy BT utilization! 

Nice huge jump forward. Congrats!

Message 64 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Crazy that this got bumped today.  I was just opening to give an update since DW surprisingly decided to make the $100k plunge this morning!  "Only" a $10k CLI this time, so her Platinum Plus now sits at $70k.  My Platinum Plus is $28,600 (was $34,600 at last CLI but they took $6k to open my Cash Rewards), my Travel Rewards is at $26,800 and my Cash Rewards sits at its starting line of $7,500.  I am still gardening, but plan to do back-to-back-to-back CLI requests on my 3 cards next summer and combine the limits into my Travel Rewards card.  Looks like I may meet my $100k single card goal with BOA before I do with Amex.

Message 65 of 78
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Crazy that this got bumped today.  I was just opening to give an update since DW surprisingly decided to make the $100k plunge this morning!  "Only" a $10k CLI this time, so her Platinum Plus now sits at $70k.  My Platinum Plus is $28,600 (was $34,600 at last CLI but they took $6k to open my Cash Rewards), my Travel Rewards is at $26,800 and my Cash Rewards sits at its starting line of $7,500.  I am still gardening, but plan to do back-to-back-to-back CLI requests on my 3 cards next summer and combine the limits into my Travel Rewards card.  Looks like I may meet my $100k single card goal with BOA before I do with Amex.

Congrats Buddy Smiley Happy Keep the good work up Smiley Happy

Message 66 of 78
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job K, drinks all around when you do.....

ON YOU OF COURSESmiley Wink
Message 67 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

i try every couple months on CLI and i keep getting my credit from 2 cards re allocated and informing me that i have sufficient credit at the moment (16100 CL) and wasting hp's Smiley Sad

Message 68 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Of course drinks are on me, AJC! Those will have to go on the SPG card; you know I can't miss out on Starwood points.

awakening16, that's my concern for the back to back ones. I don't want to get a CLI on card 1, then a CLI on card 2 that pulls from card 1, and a CLI on card 3 that pulls from card 2. I'd really like to net $30k or so on the next round so I can meet my $100k goal.

Message 69 of 78
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Wow, such an informative thread. Thanks for all the replies and congrats on all the luv from BOA! 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 70 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.