tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BankAmericard approved

Congrats 12njoy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks all.  Appreciate it.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 12 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

With the recent switch from FIA Card Services/BofA to US Bank I threw a hail mary up in the wind and applied knowing full well that I would be denied.  Called UW once application was denied.  Asked to move my credit line from the Fidelity over to open this card.  UW said I could only move my available credit over (20k) since I have a 10k BT promotion.  I moved the whole 20k over leaving a maxed out Fidelity card.  I'm going to go ahead and pay 5k of that off so when US Bank gets it it'll only have a balance of 5k and see what they do.  Overall, I'm happy that I was able to get most of my line moved out.  The caveat here is that this was someting that I wanted to do based on my past experiences with US Bank.  Not necessarily looking for advice as I've already done it.  Just sharing information.  This may not make sense to some, but given my past experiences it was the logical choice for me.

@12njoy Congrats on making what some like myself consider a "Smart" move IMHO.

Hate to keep knocking on US Bank as often posted about but they've easily solidified their "conservatism" label over the long haul bar none. They are however in fact my longest holding CC and after 3 years i just only recently was granted a $1K SP CLI after previous attempts yielded denials with HP's. It started as a $2K card (now $3K)

I can't help but somehow believe that my PC (and subsequent Pre-Approval) in the mail a couple of months ago for the same Amex network branded card (Select+) had everything to do with my first SP and first CLI Ever! from US Bank. (no banking relationship).

Some lucky souls have more satisfactory results with them and as such are able to show competitive credit limits on par with the rest of their profile.

Whatever they do that works best for them in the credit card area they will keep doing no doubt, but for me and plenty of others it seems, it's been like pulling teeth to get them to budge on growing any of their cards to the point where we've just accepted that practice and have since moved on with our other lenders who drive our interest to do more business with their cards.

Thanks CM7.  I couldn't agree with you more.  US Bank doesnt like my profile and I'm finally ok with that.  What I will not do, so much as I can help it, is wait for the axe to drop.  Now I may not be able to get that other 10k out from Fidelity but I'm sure going to try next week when balance is zero.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 13 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

With the recent switch from FIA Card Services/BofA to US Bank I threw a hail mary up in the wind and applied knowing full well that I would be denied.  Called UW once application was denied.  Asked to move my credit line from the Fidelity over to open this card.  UW said I could only move my available credit over (20k) since I have a 10k BT promotion.  I moved the whole 20k over leaving a maxed out Fidelity card.  I'm going to go ahead and pay 5k of that off so when US Bank gets it it'll only have a balance of 5k and see what they do.  Overall, I'm happy that I was able to get most of my line moved out.  The caveat here is that this was someting that I wanted to do based on my past experiences with US Bank.  Not necessarily looking for advice as I've already done it.  Just sharing information.  This may not make sense to some, but given my past experiences it was the logical choice for me.

Hate to keep knocking on US Bank as often posted about but they've easily solidified their "conservatism" label over the long haul bar none. They are however in fact my longest holding CC and after 3 years i just only recently was granted a $1K SP CLI after previous attempts yielded denials with HP's. It started as a $2K card (now $3K)

I can't help but somehow believe that my PC (and subsequent Pre-Approval) in the mail a couple of months ago for the same Amex network branded card (Select+) had everything to do with my first SP and first CLI Ever! from US Bank. (no banking relationship).

Some lucky souls have more satisfactory results with them and as such are able to show competitive credit limits on par with the rest of their profile.

Whatever they do that works best for them in the credit card area they will keep doing no doubt, but for me and plenty of others it seems, it's been like pulling teeth to get them to budge on growing any of their cards to the point where we've just accepted that practice and have since moved on with our other lenders who drive our interest to do more business with their cards.

Put it alot better than I would of Smiley Happy..  Treat me bad once shame on you, treat me bad shame on me (referring to if I didn't learn my lesson with their first card and was dumb enough to apply for another one of their cards whether fidelity or whatever).

Us Bank clearly loves some people and profiles and dislikes other peoples and profiles.  I wasn't willing to stick it out with them for 2 years and take HPs to get to 5k.. Just a choice I made and a choice they made.  Result moved my banking relationship (beating a dead horse I know) Smiley Happy

Im in the latter with no love from them too.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 14 of 27
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Put it alot better than I would of Smiley Happy..  Treat me bad once shame on you, treat me bad shame on me (referring to if I didn't learn my lesson with their first card and was dumb enough to apply for another one of their cards whether fidelity or whatever).

Us Bank clearly loves some people and profiles and dislikes other peoples and profiles.  I wasn't willing to stick it out with them for 2 years and take HPs to get to 5k.. Just a choice I made and a choice they made.  Result moved my banking relationship (beating a dead horse I know) Smiley Happy

@12njoy,I too have $28 spread across 3 Fido cards and will call tommorrow to get my limits moved to my BOA accounts,I've never had any luck getting in with US Bank,Even though I have a very strong credit profile and scores above 800,I think I just don't fit in US Bank's profile

Message 15 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@12njoy,I too have $28 spread across 3 Fido cards and will call tommorrow to get my limits moved to my BOA accounts,I've never had any luck getting in with US Bank,Even though I have a very strong credit profile and scores above 800,I think I just don't fit in US Bank's profile

All I can say is better safe than sorry.  In cases like yours (especially yours with great scores) and mines, it's easier to save what you have than going into the unknown.  Good luck.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 16 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on the approval.. As there is obviously a chance us bank/Elan might due CLD's on some of those big limit Fidelity accounts.. This is to be seen still though.

Do we know this for sure?  This is pretty doubtful.  Worse case scenario is the closure of accounts that may go into default during the transition (or other unkonw AA possibilities in the process) but I highly doubt they will CLD in flight.  I know you're not fond of US Bank, but let's let the train get to the station before panicky members start getting anxious about their accounts because honestly we don't know.  AFAWK, the terms should remain the same during the transition.

Message 17 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on the approval.. As there is obviously a chance us bank/Elan might due CLD's on some of those big limit Fidelity accounts.. This is to be seen still though.

Do we know this for sure?  This is pretty doubtful.  Worse case scenario is the closure of accounts that may go into default during the transition (or other unkonw AA possibilities in the process) but I highly doubt they will CLD in flight.  I know you're not fond of US Bank, but let's let the train get to the station before panicky members start getting anxious about their accounts because honestly we don't know.  AFAWK, the terms should remain the same during the transition.

Said might, see boldedSmiley Happy...  No we don't know this for sure and it probably also depends on your exposure if you are already with Us Bank as well.. We know nothing for sure..  Also people already were a bit worried before i mentioned it "might" happen as they know us bank / elan as well and I think you would agree most aren't to thrilled about it.

Wasn't meant to panic any members.  They can make their own decisions or get help by asking others of Us Bank / Elan experiences.. Surely I will chime in among many others about the bad things about them and others will say they are the next best thing to sliced bread. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Yes, we know about the dead horse Smiley Wink  Time to move on now that you're with PenFed!

SW Dead Horse.jpg

Message 19 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

At least with the current exposure that US Bank has extended me in all of 3 years so far there's no issue either way, i can close it no big deal or they can do whatever (which they won't) and neither one of us is more the worse off or better for wear Smiley Wink

In fact given the history so far with US Bank i would start to become concerned if they did inflate their line beyond what they've already done to date.

Again, Very Good move 12njoy to pull away from them over to an incredibly much more responsive and competent CC lender who exhibits a uninterrupted proven track record for customer satisfaction. (at least in the cc arena for certain IMO)

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.