Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay 5k Auto-CLI

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Barclay 5k Auto-CLI

They gave me a free upgrade to the the World Elite AA card a few months back and kept the CL at $6500.  I recently applied for the Barclay apple card and they only gave me $2k CL to start with and then declined my app for the NFL card due to having "Enough available credit" across my 2 accounts.

Fine.

Today I received a letter stating they just increased my Apple card from 2k to 7k!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay 5k Auto-CLI

Impressive, congrats! You gonna move some of that apple limit over??? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
elim
Senior Contributor

@TrialByFire wrote:

Impressive, congrats! You gonna move some of that apple limit over??? Smiley Happy

yep, a 13.5k AA card would do me just fine

congrats

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

They gave me a free upgrade to the the World Elite AA card a few months back and kept the CL at $6500.  I recently applied for the Barclay apple card and they only gave me $2k CL to start with and then declined my app for the NFL card due to having "Enough available credit" across my 2 accounts.

Fine.

Today I received a letter stating they just increased my Apple card from 2k to 7k!

Congrats!

Message 6 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOW!!! Thats an awesome increase, congrats to you!
Message 7 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Wow indeed! Barclays is all over the place these days and one just never knows what to expect of them next.

Very Nice Surprise Smiley Happy Congrats!

Message 8 of 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@TrialByFire wrote:

I'm not sure yet.  I have my USAA Amex at 13.5k and my Costco Amex at 15k...I'm not sure I need to move my AA up to those limits?  I'm only keeping the AA card until the AF is due in April (they gave me the upgrade back in September which came with free global entry for 5 years ($100 value)), and then I'm cancelling the car. Not paying $195 AF.

If apple does their 0% finance offers even AFTER you have the card, I'll likely keep it, so that I can pick up an iMac next year once the 0% on this Macbook Pro is paid-off (it's my only reporting monthly balance).

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 19
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.