Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Rewards Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple Rewards Approval!

Very happy with this. Second highest starting limit that I have ever gotten at 2k. I don't currently own a laptop or iPad so I'm thinking I might get one to take advantage of the special financing. Also I'm pretty sure it gets 2x at restaurants which none of my other cards do. Not sure how this card is for growth. Either way I still can't really believe my scores have gone up this much in less than 6 months and I've been able to get these last 5 cards. Anyone like this card?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Rewards Approval!

Congrats on your Barclays apple rewards approval! Can't speak for that card specifically but I'm sure it's a decent card to have.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Apple Watch with brown Hermes band! I had my eye on that for a long time and could use a new watch. Think I might do that. Still will be interested in other people's experience with the card. Past my bedtime night night.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't need the watch. I don't need to buy a **bleep** thing. This willl help my overall profile and overall credit available. Question: is it possible to immediately PC it to the Aviator AAdvantage?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Night night BluffCityNomad congratulations on your sweet Apple Rewards approval! 😊
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not going to make any Apple purchases but I did call backdoor to see if they would do a soft pull starting line increase from 2k to 3k. She was nice but denied the request because this is now already the highest limit credit card on my file. Disco at 2.5k isn't reporting yet. Soft pull. Didn't hurt to try. Good customer service.

Message 6 of 10
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Very happy with this. Second highest starting limit that I have ever gotten at 2k. I don't currently own a laptop or iPad so I'm thinking I might get one to take advantage of the special financing. Also I'm pretty sure it gets 2x at restaurants which none of my other cards do. Not sure how this card is for growth. Either way I still can't really believe my scores have gone up this much in less than 6 months and I've been able to get these last 5 cards. Anyone like this card?

Congrats!

I have this card and I like it and have no plans of getting rid of it.  I haven't used it in a long time, as I now have other cards that I use on a regular basis.

I started in 2014 with a $700 limit and bought a refurbished iPad from Apple.  I continued to get auto CLI and now I'm at a $9,200 limit.  I'll be purchasing another iPad soon and while I'd like to use this card, I'd rather use my hidden tradeline Paypal.  I use Paypal for "fun" stuff, as I am in the process of rebuilding my credit from a CH13 BK.  And I am extremely careful with my utilization.

I said all that to say, I plan to be a life long Barclays account holder.  I will app for the Advantage card late 2018.  They have been nothing but good to me!!  Hope they work for you as well!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the card last year i august when i needed to buy a new laptop for school/ work..

i like their mobile app, other than that i hate that they HP when you request CLI, the 2 times points on dining and 3 times points on apple purchases is cool. i bought a macbook pro and i got it at the time with the free wireless headphones, but i got enough points of the purchase that i got about 50 dollars in apple gift cards. since then just on dining ive gotten about 75 dollars worth of gift cards... one tip i have is that if you set this card up as your itunes card/ apple mememberships you will get 3x points because it counts as an apple purchase.... side side note, at times i realized that i dont really need apple gift cards when i could be getting something else.... but then again using the card to get a new phone every year is pretty dope

ALSO congrats on the approval

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I have this card and I like it and have no plans of getting rid of it.  I haven't used it in a long time, as I now have other cards that I use on a regular basis.

I started in 2014 with a $700 limit and bought a refurbished iPad from Apple.  I continued to get auto CLI and now I'm at a $9,200 limit.  I'll be purchasing another iPad soon and while I'd like to use this card, I'd rather use my hidden tradeline Paypal.  I use Paypal for "fun" stuff, as I am in the process of rebuilding my credit from a CH13 BK.  And I am extremely careful with my utilization.

I said all that to say, I plan to be a life long Barclays account holder.  I will app for the Advantage card late 2018.  They have been nothing but good to me!!  Hope they work for you as well!

Those are all soft pull auto CLI's? I mean that is insane. Don't think I've seen posts about that sort of growth. I have seen a lot of hard pull CLIs. Was your usage through the roof?

Message 9 of 10
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Those are all soft pull auto CLI's? I mean that is insane. Don't think I've seen posts about that sort of growth. I have seen a lot of hard pull CLIs. Was your usage through the roof?

All SP increases.  I used it alot when I first got it but not in any unusual way - no MS.  I either paid in full or stretched it over a 3 month period so that I had some positive info reporting.  The auto increases came every 6 months or so.  I haven't fully used it in several months to a year.  I did put a $40 purchase on it a week or so ago and paid it off a few days later.  I am not a big spender, I am a wealth builder.  So none of my cards see "insane" use!  LOL!  I hope that helps!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.