Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Auto CLI

tag
JWest
Regular Contributor

Barclay Auto CLI

I got an auto ClI for barclay on my 6th statement so does that mean i'm ok and they won't close my account? Secondly can I expect cli every 6 months or can I expect one at my one year mark?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Auto CLI

The whole thing about Barclay's hating their customers and looking for any and every excuse to drop them like a fat kid does celery sticks is about as exaggerated as this sentence.

Adverse actions do happen, but not as often or as wantonly as is often stated here. I think you'll be fine.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 10
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1
Barclays is notorious about AA during the 1st 6 months if you were approved with a thin or borderline file. It's been documented many times on this forum so Don't discount this. But if you have a good credit history and you aren't app happy after you acquire them- then they are an awesome lender with very high CLs for those that treat them right.
Congrats on the CLI!!!!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:
+1
Barclays is notorious about AA during the 1st 6 months if you were approved with a thin or borderline file. It's been documented many times on this forum so Don't discount this. But if you have a good credit history and you aren't app happy after you acquire them- then they are an awesome lender with very high CLs for those that great them right.

+2

Amassing excessive inquiries and opening multiple new accounts shortly after a Barclaycard has been apparently increased the likelihood of AA for some. This doesn't mean it's the only reason, but many feel it was "part" of the reason.  In other words, there seems a be a positive correlation.

Per the overly used and brandied about internet catach phrase "correlation doesn't imply causation" may be applicable here. It's a potential trigger causing Barclay to review an account; if they don't like what they see, AA may ensue. If your reports are 800+, no debts, always PIF, 20+ years AA, avg CLs of 15K, and consistent income of $200K for the past 20 years, then however many accounts or HPs you take (or, whatever triggers the review), there will be no AA. 

Message 4 of 10
JWest
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks for the answers so I shouldn't expect a cli every 6 months or are auto CLI pretty much random?

Message 5 of 10
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Congrats JWest. I can't even request a CLI with a hard pull from them if my life depended on it. They just don't like my profile but apparently all the others banks I utilize do.

Message 6 of 10
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@JWest wrote:

I got an auto ClI for barclay on my 6th statement so does that mean i'm ok and they won't close my account? Secondly can I expect cli every 6 months or can I expect one at my one year mark?

I don't know if you can really expect one...I got one CLI right around the 6 month mark, and a second one a year after that.  If you ask me, that's still awesome.  But I don't think you can log in every 6 months and expect a bump.

Message 7 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I have had a good experience with CLI's with Barclay's. The first one was auto increase. The second two I asked for in 6 month intervals and they gave them to me. I agree that the Barclay's AA seems to be overblown on this site. It's hard to tell if it AA is actually frequent or just the people that have had AA post more....

Message 8 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JWest wrote:

Congrats 

I also logged into my account early this morning and saw a CLI

My account was 5 1/2 months old and I just had an app spree 2 weeks ago for 4 cards

I did not have any apps for 5 months after the barclay approval tho ....which was 12/31/12

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.