Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI request frequency?

tag
ultimatefighter
Valued Member

Barclay CLI request frequency?

Hi All. Just wondering for those that have Barclay cards and have requested CLI how frequently did you ask with or without success? Were any auto or through the site with SPs or did you have to do HPs? I recently got some nice CLI on my cards with them ... $4K to 6K on AMEX Travelocity and my wife $2K to $3500 on Apple Finance Visa. It has been almost 2 years before making that request and sort of regret not doing it earlier but now I'm anxious to based on this success but wondering how long to wait to ask again with a realistic shot at approval.

Current Score: EQUIFAX 706
Current Score: EXPERIAN 712
Current Score: TRANS UNION 722
BK in 10/2005

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI request frequency?

@ultimatefighter wrote:

Hi All. Just wondering for those that have Barclay cards and have requested CLI how frequently did you ask with or without success? Were any auto or through the site with SPs or did you have to do HPs? I recently got some nice CLI on my cards with them ... $4K to 6K on AMEX Travelocity and my wife $2K to $3500 on Apple Finance Visa. It has been almost 2 years before making that request and sort of regret not doing it earlier but now I'm anxious to based on this success but wondering how long to wait to ask again with a realistic shot at approval.

I would ask them every 6 months but as said before careful with them. If you ask for CLIs every 6 months and continued to get declined, Barclays will be watching your account. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 2 of 15
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@ultimatefighter wrote:

I would ask them every 6 months but as said before careful with them. If you ask for CLIs every 6 months and continued to get declined, Barclays will be watching your account. 

Good to know.  I'm about to cut statement #6 on my Apple card... and I PIF every month.  I'm probably going to continue to garden... a CLI isn't something I need right now and I'm still aging these new accounts and inquiries that came with them.

I'm assuming they don't do auto CLI's?

Message 3 of 15
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

Barclay does give auto-CLIs. I received one after my sixth statement for $2000 and another after the seventh statement for an additional $3000. I used the Apple Financing card frequently during that time. I had a balance each month because of the zero percent financing. The original credit limit was $2200 in June 2013 and now it has grown to $7200.
Message 4 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@ultimatefighter wrote:

Barclays is watching your account anyhow...LOL

I would always wait at least 7 months just in case you would get an auto CLI. If you hit the button too soon you are giving up the chance of auto-luv from Barclays. Just my 2 cents.

Message 5 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@ultimatefighter wrote:

Barclays is watching your account anyhow...LOL

I would always wait at least 7 months just in case you would get an auto CLI. If you hit the button too soon you are giving up the chance of auto-luv from Barclays. Just my 2 cents.

+1 They have given me an auto CLI every 6 months since getting their card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 15
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

Wow!  Great info from everyone!  I'm not doing a thing!  Just gonna sit back and see if I get any auto love!

Message 7 of 15
ultimatefighter
Valued Member

+1 They have given me an auto CLI every 6 months since getting their card.

Just curious did you use the card frequently during this time? Carry balances? PIF?

BK in 10/2005

Message 8 of 15
ultimatefighter
Valued Member

@KRAMathKY wrote:
Barclay does give auto-CLIs. I received one after my sixth statement for $2000 and another after the seventh statement for an additional $3000. I used the Apple Financing card frequently during that time. I had a balance each month because of the zero percent financing. The original credit limit was $2200 in June 2013 and now it has grown to $7200.

So you used frequently and carried a balance. What was your balance ratio?

BK in 10/2005

Message 9 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@ultimatefighter wrote:

I went from 5K to 8K the exact day my 6th statement cut. SP and auto. HAYYYYY!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.