cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI success again!

tag
mhopper321

Barclay CLI success again!

So I've had my Barclays Rewards Card for just about a 10 months now and originally was approved for $500. Instant recon after application bumped me to $1500. About 5 months later in October when I closed on my house I called the analyst to ask for more the same day I opened a 3500 credit union card and took out a 7k signature loan for remodeling projects. 3500 approved! Fast forward to today 4 months later and having recently opened my Chase freedom card about two weeks ago I called the analysts again and told them I needed new countertops and that I didn't want to max out a card to buy them or tap into my savings and asked to be raised to $10,000. Didn't get it all but I got to $7500!!! I also asked what would happen if I just paid my signature loan off and she said I could ask for quite a bit more. Super nice girl and more than doubled my limit after doubling it just 4 months ago! WOOHOO Recon!

I also asked if they prefer to see a small balance so they make money or an account that is PIF each month and she said that paying in full every month is how to get bigger limits faster so there now I know for sure with them. 

Rebuilding from BK7 in January of 08
Multiple auto loans since
Current scores: 711 EQ, 714 TU, 700 EX
Goal Scores: 720+ on all 3
Card Mix:
CapOne Plat-1000
HSBC-700
Credit One-500(CLOSED)
Paypal-300(CLOSED)
WalMart-300(CLOSED)
CapOne Cash Reward-1500
Barclay Rewards-3500
PSCU Plat Rewards-3500
CHASE FREEDOM-5000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI success again!

@mhopper321 wrote:

So I've had my Barclays Rewards Card for just about a 10 months now and originally was approved for $500. Instant recon after application bumped me to $1500. About 5 months later in October when I closed on my house I called the analyst to ask for more the same day I opened a 3500 credit union card and took out a 7k signature loan for remodeling projects. 3500 approved! Fast forward to today 4 months later and having recently opened my Chase freedom card about two weeks ago I called the analysts again and told them I needed new countertops and that I didn't want to max out a card to buy them or tap into my savings and asked to be raised to $10,000. Didn't get it all but I got to $7500!!! I also asked what would happen if I just paid my signature loan off and she said I could ask for quite a bit more. Super nice girl and more than doubled my limit after doubling it just 4 months ago! WOOHOO Recon!

I also asked if they prefer to see a small balance so they make money or an account that is PIF each month and she said that paying in full every month is how to get bigger limits faster so there now I know for sure with them. 

WTG hopper!!! great increase!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your nice CLI Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
Longroad
Established Contributor

@mhopper321 wrote:

That is great information. I will be going for a CLI in a couple of months. Congrats on your success and your new house

Message 4 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats great limit! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@mhopper321 wrote:

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 13
Vegas247
Established Contributor

AWESOME! DID THEY HARD PULL YOU? JUST WANT TO KNOW FOR WHEN MY TIME COMES UP TO ASK FOR A CLI.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 8 of 13
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@mhopper321 wrote:

Congrats on your CLI!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 9 of 13
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

I too would like to know if any of these were hard pulls

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.