Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI without asking

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay CLI without asking

I am an AU on my husband's Barclay CC.  We opened it 8 months ago with a $1500 limit.  Husband's FICO scores at the time were around 640 across the board. 

A few days ago, someone broke into our car.  My husband thought he had left his wallet in the car, so we immediately called Barclay and canceled the card with a representative (we later found his wallet inside the house, fortunately). 

This morning, the new card arrived in the mail, along with a letter that stated they have reviewed our account, and increased our credit limit from $1500 to $3200!  Cool, we'll take it.  I didn't see any inquiries show up, and I monitor both our reports practically daily. 

We did not ask for the increase b/c we didn't want to risk a hard pull but I'm happy with the result! 

Stats: Husband FICO 8 scores: 649 EQ, 700 TU, 686 EX.

Card: 8 billing cycles completed

Usage: We PIF about 50% of the time.  One month we left it nearly maxed out around $1200,  had a few months with around $400 balance reporting, and a few months of $0 balance, all mixed up.

Rewards: We've earned $180 in rewards money so far, and paid $47 in interest total over the life of the card.  $0 annual fee, so we're still up money Smiley Happy

We use the card daily for basically everything. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI without asking

Sorry about the car, but how awesome for that nice CLI!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah....so thats the secret with Barclays.

note to self: call barclays and report card missing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.