cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Credit Limit Increase. Yay Barclay!

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Credit Limit Increase. Yay Barclay!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! As you use the card and build a performance track record with Barclays they are likely to keep increasing your credit limit.

I have a question, would it help me to get cli in the future if I spend under 10% utilization? or go over up 50%. or it doesn't matter as long as i pay'em off monthly?

I'd say the more you spend the better, if you're paying it off.  If you spend under 10% they would wonder why you'd need an increase...  Smiley Happy

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 11 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Congrats! I can't wait for my Barclays card to get here so I can really put some usage on it and prove myself to them.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kroberts67 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! As you use the card and build a performance track record with Barclays they are likely to keep increasing your credit limit.

I have a question, would it help me to get cli in the future if I spend under 10% utilization? or go over up 50%. or it doesn't matter as long as i pay'em off monthly?

I'd say the more you spend the better, if you're paying it off.  If you spend under 10% they would wonder why you'd need an increase...  Smiley Happy

I guess that's true, I guess I gotta put every purchase into this card then, at least until i get credit limit inrease Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 22
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!! 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 14 of 22
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! 

Message 15 of 22
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI on your Barclay Arrival CC! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 16 of 22
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS!!! I thought Barclays was a HP too for a CLI???

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

surprisingly, yes it was HP, but the thing was, she never mentioned it was gonna be a hard pull. I thought she'd just use the file they already head (since I applied for the card last wednesday or something) nope, I got the credit tracker notification last night. oh well.... 5 hard pulls so far on trans union and 3 of them re from barclays. I'm not gonna worry about it too much since I won't be getting any loan or credit card in 2 years. but I wonder if I should apply for discover cli with hp all at the same time now?

Message 18 of 22
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

surprisingly, yes it was HP, but the thing was, she never mentioned it was gonna be a hard pull. I thought she'd just use the file they already head (since I applied for the card last wednesday or something) nope, I got the credit tracker notification last night. oh well.... 5 hard pulls so far on trans union and 3 of them re from barclays. I'm not gonna worry about it too much since I won't be getting any loan or credit card in 2 years. but I wonder if I should apply for discover cli with hp all at the same time now?

I only worry about TU when it comes to possible AA from Barclay. But if they see they're the ones pulling the report, I have to think they wouldn't look as disfavorably on that as they would if it was other creditors.

And as to other creditors, not sure I'd go for Discover for that reason... unless you don't care about Barclay CLD'ing right after?

Message 19 of 22
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!   Thanks for sharing!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.