Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Priceline recon - $1000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Priceline recon - $1000

Hi all,

Several weeks ago I was approved for a $2000 Capitol One Platinum - this was an exciting event as I had been working to repair my credit for 2 years, which had first lead to an excellent auto loan rate through Alliant. I decided I'd try for one more card so that I could have two "actual" credit lines and phase out usage of the two secured cards I had been using since college, and thus have an opportunity for rewards and cli's in the future. Since my Transunion was highest (649) at the time of application and only had 3 inquiries, I went with the Barclay Priceline card.

After a week of consideration I was declined, so I called the recon line. The main point of concern was my 30-day delinquency in 2015 from an old university CU account that I had since closed. I explained that was an honest mistake that I've since taken steps to avoid, laid out my payment plan for my current cards and updated my employment info. The rep overturned the denial and approved me for a $1000 card, which I was more than happy to receive.

With two new cards ($3800 limit total including the old secured cards) and my auto loan locked into place, I'm planning on gardening for at least a year - not planning on any hard pulls until my wife and I move and need to start apartment hunting in fall 2018. As always, the advice I've picked up here has been greatly appreciated. Cheers!

One other note - I travel a lot for work, and I've already noticed that priceline.com has some cheaper airfare rates than even what I can get with through company booking. Excited to see how I can rack up points this way and eventually (though not for a while, haha) move to one of their mileage/travel cards.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Priceline recon - $1000

Congrats OP nice on the approvals , I'm looking to refi my car loan , could you share some info about your alliant experience
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! RE Alliant: Applied with a 674 Equifax and asked for a $15,000 loan at 60 months. Approved with 2.99% APR, which was far lower than I was expecting given my score. Between that and the easy setup process (plus very responsive customer support) I highly recommend them.

Message 3 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info a few others have recommended them also .
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Recon success is always nice to read. Nice job and best of luck on your future huntSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.