Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards MC

tag
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Barclay Rewards MC

I've gotten one or two preapprovals on this card, which surprises me. I have the BK from 2008, and then hit another snag in 2011 when my husband was diagnosed with MS. Several credit cards were charged off and a few medical bills were sent to collections. I gave up on credit for a while and worked on cleaning up. I currently have no outstanding balances at all, but there are still a few zero balance chargeoffs and collections reporting that won't agree to GW deletions. I was approved for a $500CL QS1 in 8/14, and was able to get a CLI to $1000 via EO in 10/14. It is PIF and I let a small balance report. That, my student loans, and my auto loan (only reports to EQ) are the only open accounts, so I decided to pull the trigger on the Barclay app tonight. Instantly approved for $2000!!! I'm amazed at this approval! Any idea how fast this will report?

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards MC

Congrats!

For me Barclays has been quick to report.

Hope all is well with your husband, I know how tough auto-immune disorders can be.

Message 2 of 17
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

They usually start reporting as sson as they open your account, even before you get card.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 17
ExNavyMom
Established Member

Barclays reported before I received my card as well. Which I thought was weird. MyFico alerted me that a new account had been added to my report. O_o

EQ: 683 EX: 654 TU: 654 $10500 limits Util: 15% Gardening until 07/15

Starting Score: EQ 562
Current Score: EQ 683 EX 654 TU 654
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 17
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@StarraeAday1 wrote:

I've gotten one or two preapprovals on this card, which surprises me. I have the BK from 2008, and then hit another snag in 2011 when my husband was diagnosed with MS. Several credit cards were charged off and a few medical bills were sent to collections. I gave up on credit for a while and worked on cleaning up. I currently have no outstanding balances at all, but there are still a few zero balance chargeoffs and collections reporting that won't agree to GW deletions. I was approved for a $500CL QS1 in 8/14, and was able to get a CLI to $1000 via EO in 10/14. It is PIF and I let a small balance report. That, my student loans, and my auto loan (only reports to EQ) are the only open accounts, so I decided to pull the trigger on the Barclay app tonight. Instantly approved for $2000!!! I'm amazed at this approval! Any idea how fast this will report?

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job, congrats on your approval

Message 8 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@StarraeAday1 wrote:

Grats on your new Barclays card, I would expect it to be on file with EX tomorrow, when I opened my Sallie Mae earlier this year it was on file with Ex the next day and on file with the rest within 3 days.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval. As everyone else says they report fast.  For me, within 3 days of approval (12/23/14) it was reported as 12/1/14. On top of that my 1st statement closes on 1/3/14 which gives me another month reported. That means two quick reported months b4 I even received my card.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.