Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Ring Approval!!!

tag
BCGCredit
New Contributor

Barclay Ring Approval!!!

My experience was....read the boards...Saw Barclay pulls TU my highest score 712,  EQ 678, EX 708.  So I decided to apply online...got the 7-10 notice. This was a Saturday. Check status Monday morning and evening status the same.  Check on Wednesday said declined.  So I decided to wait on dreaded decline letter and that I would recon at that time.  Received the letter today...but it wasn't a decline.  It said call to provide additional info to completed application. It said to call between 8 and 5 EST. I am in the central time zone. It was about 7:15 PM  my time. But I decided to call anyway. Basically All I did was confirm information from my app and was approved.  But...only 1K limit. So I asked for increase to 5K. The rep I spoke to said would have to transferred to an analyst.  Then another but...If I talk to a credit analyst, my already approved app could be overturned and could walk away with nothing.  So I trans to rep need larger limit for this to be my main card.  After a few minutes on hold talked to analyst. Who repeated the warning.  So I asked should I accept the card then request increase...she stammered for a minute then said she really could answer that.  But something told me if I was sure of the approval to the amount offered so I did.  Any comments, thoughts or jokes much appreciated.

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Ring Approval!!!

Nice card congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  That card has peeked my interest a bit.  You confused me a but there at the end.  Did you go for the increase or stick with the $1k?  How does that match up with you other limits?

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 9
BCGCredit
New Contributor

Stuck with the 1K which was the initial offer. Have a FNBO 3k, Merrick 750, Cap1 750, Cap1 550, 1st premier 525, jcrew 450...so 2nd highest.

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 5 of 9
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!! If I was in your situation I would have called the Barclay's backdoor number an attempted at least for a cli all the analyst could say is it could not be granted at this time but at least you know you tried with someone with authority not one of the frontline reps, and also Barclay's would not be closing your account just for a cli request.  Good Luck if you attempt!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 9
ttaurean30
Established Member

Congrats!!!

Rebuilding since BK Discharge on 09/2006
Gardening Since 02/19/2013
Credit.com (707) Credit Sesame (801) Walmart (709) Credit Karma (688) Quizzle (714)

Message 7 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new card.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
But I can't see how they would overturn the decision altogether.
Since it is your second highest limit, I'd be happy.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.