Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Ring Recon Success!!!!

tag
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Barclay Ring Recon Success!!!!

So, I hate rejection! who doesn't right!Smiley Frustrated

Been reading about the BBVA gravy train since yesterday then decided to app this morning..declined. Dunno why! So, I figured I was feeling some type of way so I continued reading the forums to find something else sparked my interest *cue* Barclay Ring. It was interesting because the APR was 8%. So I applied. Declined. Called Credit Analyst number. She declined for too many recent accounts. Well then, I called the Underwriting backdoor number, Guy asked the same questions, I gave the same answers. This time more detail. What he negotiated with me was taking $1000 from the Carnival Card (Barclay) SL to start the Ring then payoff the balance to close account to move the remaining $1000. Fine with me!! I simply wanted an 8%apr. Shucks. It will grow over time. Now, I have decided that I am gardening my own way...stay off this siteSmiley Happy

Nope, I did not need the card but their other cards apr I have with them is AWFUL. 8%, I'm good.

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Ring Recon Success!!!!

Congrats on your recon success!

Message 2 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You don't have to avoid the forum, just use these experiences to sharpen your resolve Smiley Wink  It works, sometimes.

When you find out your results for sure on BBVA you might want to share those here

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/OFFCIAL-BBVA-DENIAL-THREAD/td-p/3921326

Congrats! on the successful Barclays Recon and sorry about the first app try.

Message 3 of 14
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the Ring recon!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 14
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on the Ring!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 5 of 14
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new RING Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dreamer2014 wrote:

So, I hate rejection! who doesn't right!Smiley Frustrated

Been reading about the BBVA gravy train since yesterday then decided to app this morning..declined. Dunno why! So, I figured I was feeling some type of way so I continued reading the forums to find something else sparked my interest *cue* Barclay Ring. It was interesting because the APR was 8%. So I applied. Declined. Called Credit Analyst number. She declined for too many recent accounts. Well then, I called the Underwriting backdoor number, Guy asked the same questions, I gave the same answers. This time more detail. What he negotiated with me was taking $1000 from the Carnival Card (Barclay) SL to start the Ring then payoff the balance to close account to move the remaining $1000. Fine with me!! I simply wanted an 8%apr. Shucks. It will grow over time. Now, I have decided that I am gardening my own way...stay off this siteSmiley Happy

Nope, I did not need the card but their other cards apr I have with them is AWFUL. 8%, I'm good.

Congrats on your success

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the recon.. Recons can be daunting..

Message 8 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Welcome to the Ring family! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 14
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your successful recon! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.