Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay/Walmart Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay/Walmart Approved!

Hi all.  I've been hard at work trying to rebuild my credit and, like many of you, I had to start with a few low limit, high interest rate cards.  I've had a Credit One card with $500cl and a First Premier with $300cl.  I hadn't opened any new accounts since Jan/14 and had read how everyone is happy with Barclay so I decided to give it a shot and boom I was approved for their rewards mastercard with a $1500cl.  I shop at Walmart for a lot of my home needs (don't judge) and decided to apply for them and was approved also with a $2500cl. I'm so excited and wanted to share my success with you all!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay/Walmart Approved!

CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! It's kind of cool that they approved you with your scores around what they are so it gives me hope that once my US Bank reports at the end of this month; I'm going to attempt to apply for Barclays and Citibank. I should be around 30% utilization across all cards with only 2 cards having balances (0% carry so they're around 70% utilization each). I think the high utilization on two cards will freak Barclays out and Citi as well but I should be able to explain they're 0% apr cards. Perhaps the amount of inquiries may freak them out too but only 2 are recent in the last 6 months. We'll see what happens.

Again congratulations! With the two new cards your scores should go up a little bit!

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 3 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your dual approvals Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals

Message 6 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your approvals & WELCOME to the Barclays & Walmart families!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all.  I've been hard at work trying to rebuild my credit and, like many of you, I had to start with a few low limit, high interest rate cards.  I've had a Credit One card with $500cl and a First Premier with $300cl.  I hadn't opened any new accounts since Jan/14 and had read how everyone is happy with Barclay so I decided to give it a shot and boom I was approved for their rewards mastercard with a $1500cl.  I shop at Walmart for a lot of my home needs (don't judge) and decided to apply for them and was approved also with a $2500cl. I'm so excited and wanted to share my success with you all!!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.