Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay and AMEX love!!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay and AMEX love!!!!

@CreditResuscitation wrote:

@TheConductor Point taken. And with that, I'm going to take your advice and wait before I hop back in the app game. And @tinuviel I'm going to look into that. Exactly what is it and where do I go to sign up.

It's an annual promotion that Amex has been doing, with the intent of encouraging folks to shop at small businesses. You register any card that runs on the Amex network with them, and then on Saturday, Nov. 24th make a purchase of $25 or more at a small business. This means a business that is not part of a chain or franchise. You'll then receive a $25 statement credit. Last year we ate at a local restaurant and paid for it with my Amex Green, then we went and purchased our Christmas tree from a local lot and paid for it with my Dillard's Amex. Between the two, we saved $50 on things that we were going to be spending money on anyway -- a great deal!

Here's the link to the official site:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/Shop-Small/

And here's the link to the forum thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Small-Business-Sat/td-p/1686926

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

Message 12 of 16
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@HiLine @Credit314 Thanks guys, I appreciate it. 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@tinuviel I don't thin I'm going to make the dealine for that because I haven't gotten my card yet. Smiley Sad It's cool, there's always next year. 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditResuscitation wrote:

@tinuviel I don't thin I'm going to make the dealine for that because I haven't gotten my card yet. Smiley Sad It's cool, there's always next year. 

Oh, you're right... silly me. Nevertheless, keep it in mind for next year. It's a good promotion and you'll have your card ready and waiting for it... and maybe even another Amex to add to the fun!  In the meantime, just use your new card responsibly and enjoy the Dillard's rewards. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 15 of 16
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I'm definitely taking advantage of that! Thanks for the tip tinuviel!
Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.