Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay instant approval with **bleep**ty SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay instant approval with **bleep**ty SL

just did a Barclay reward and they only gave me a 5000 SL.. Wonder if I can call in and get a CLI right away

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay instant approval with **bleep**ty SL

Congratulations!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 2 of 68
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

just did a Barclay reward and they only gave me a 5000 SL.. Wonder if I can call in and get a CLI right away

5,000 is a **bleep*ty SL?  Geez!  Smiley Indifferent Even most rebuilders or newbies to credit would be happy to get that CL!  Barclays likely feels you have too much available credit or exposure with all your other high CLs and lenders.  You can try the UW route and see if they can CLI but YEMV.

Message 3 of 68
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Is this your 1st card with them? They are very good with cli, call in and request one. Congrats on the approval. 

Message 4 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tntexans72 wrote:

Is this your 1st card with them? They are very good with cli, call in and request one. Congrats on the approval. 

Yea it's my first card with them. I'll try and see if I can do a CLI with them when I get card and see what they say.. 5000 will be my lowest starting limit.. I get store card with 5x the limit. The card also only says "fair" credit. I'll see when card gets here and see if I can do CLI.. Probably won't use card anyways just this past month been on a credit app frenzy 

Message 5 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the card

Message 6 of 68
ddemari
Super Contributor

5000 is good for Barclays and your first card with them. I'm on mobile so can't see sig, but unless
Your TU is 750+ that's a great approval!
Message 7 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
5000 is good for Barclays and your first card with them. I'm on mobile so can't see sig, but unless
Your TU is 750+ that's a great approval!

My TU is 834 or so was told yesterday when I got financing for a Honda

Message 8 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card. What are your limits like on other major credit cards, and how long have you had them? You mentioned getting 5x the limit on store cards, but that's not the same thing at all.

The good advice given here is correct, $5,000 is a fine starting limit, especially since you don't have a prior relationship with that lender. Nothing to sneeze at. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your new card. What are your limits like on other major credit cards, and how long have you had them? You mentioned getting 5x the limit on store cards, but that's not the same thing at all.

The good advice given here is correct, $5,000 is a fine starting limit, especially since you don't have a prior relationship with that lender. Nothing to sneeze at. Smiley Happy

Newest card is Victoria secret for 28000 gap for 35000 (at first was denied when got letter called in and was approved cuz person put in my income missing a 0 at end) SAMs club 35000 Kay 18000

cap1 oldest relationship QS and Venture limit was at 75k each and was just increased for 6 figure got spark for business too

chase

citi

amex

discover

bofa

Wells Fargo 

lowest limit is 50k.. Well 35 cuz of SAMs club and now 5000 cuz of Barclay lol

Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.