cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Apple Financing or Rewards Card Approval?

tag
sperrin
Valued Member

Barclay's Apple Financing or Rewards Card Approval?

I currently have a Capital One secured card $300 limit, Cap one Rewards $750, J Crew & Express $250 and a J Blue Amex $7,000 limit that I have had for quite a long time.

I have made credit mistakes in the past.  When I started with this board, I had many student loans in default.. dropping by scores down to the high 400's.  In a year I've rehabbed my loans and have a few remaining CO about to drop off in August. My scores right now are all at an even 600.  What are the chances I could be approved for the Apple Financing or Rewards card?  I've really like a better lender than Cap 1 on my accounts and I'm not sure what route I should take next.  I'd love to be Barclays good graces as their World Rewards card is one of the best.  Which I would eventually love to have.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sperrin
Valued Member

Re: Barclay's Apple Financing or Rewards Card Approval?

Anyone?
Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Slim, will have to recon and may get toy limit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey sperrin!
Unfortunately- with 600 flat, there is little likelihood of you being approved for a Barclays CC. Though they are rebuilder friendly via recon most of the time- you are well below the minimum that I have ever seen approved. I have seen (mind you- this is the internet and you can NOT believe everything you see/read) approvals at 640 reported.
When August rolls around and those COs drop- give it a go. Smiley Happy

Just an after thought- have you considered a CU. I was approved through my CU when my scores were at 620 FICO for a +5K CL. Might want to give that a go also.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 7
Stralem
Established Contributor

I got the Apple Financing Visa with a TU score of 648 after a recon. $1500 CL. The only baddie on my reports at the time was a minor $150 collections from a few years back.

If I had to recon, I can guarantee that you'll gonna have to as well.

But that aside, why the Financing Visa? Unless you're going to splurge on Apple gear, there are better products on Barclays lineup. The Ring card is just one you could look at once you've scrubbed your reports a bit more.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 5 of 7
CEOriginal
Contributor

I got approved for the Barclays Apple Financing card back in March. I only had two CCs, both with a $300 limit. I don't know exactly what my scores were, but this is before I knew anything about UTI% and all that jazz, so I'm pretty sure when I applied, I was at about 50%. 

My EXP score right now is 664 and I just had some things removed, so I'm assuming my score was around 600ish when I applied. I just walked into an Apple store and applied... Approved on the spot for $2K. Of course, YMMV... But its worth a shot. If you don't mind taking the hit. 

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 6 of 7
negg
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for Barclay apple card, when I bought my ipad3. Was approved in store for 1500, financed the iPad with it.

Btw fico score was 620. No baddies no lates, just a la k of crediit
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.