Did you mean: 

Barclay's NFL Extra Points Card CLI

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay's NFL Extra Points Card CLI

@starry1 wrote:

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:
Just logged on to check my balance and noticed my credit limit went from $500 to $2000! I've had this card since November 2012 and wasn't really expecting a CLI at all because I still have unpaid collections and 20+ inquiries on all 3 CRs. Woah baby!
So let me guess which card you picked. Steelers? Congrats on the nice cli! I'm surprised, I was under the impression Barclays was a pain to deal with.

How did you ever guess? lol!

I thought Barclays was difficult, too, but apparently they're not that bad.... for me anyway. I hope everyone else gets the same luv I got!

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 11 of 21
ipad2003
New Visitor

Good going
Message 12 of 21
JonStur
Established Contributor

Way to go!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 13 of 21
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I got my NFL card in November also so I'm anxious to see if I get a CLI!  Now I'm even more anxious lol

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 14 of 21
stormb28
New Contributor

I just logged into my account and I also have a CLI from $500 to $2, 000. I got the card in December (New York Giants) and my statement cuts on the 9th of every month.

Im very excited about the auto-CLI.
Message 15 of 21
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. I got my card in 9/12 no auto CLI, but I did get some BT checks, that if you write one for up to 3k, they will give you a CLI in that amount. I wrote one to myself for 3k, and pd the 3k back (plus BT fee), and card went from 5k -- 8k.

In the past on my other Barclays card, I went online and requested a CLI and was denied (hard pull on TU). Then 3 weeks later, I got an auto CLI in the amount requested. They sent a letter saying the denial of the CLI was a mistake. That was on a US Air card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 16 of 21
starry1
Valued Contributor

I want a Chiefs card with all my heart.  I hope they give it to me this fall.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 17 of 21
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

Congrats on the CLI. I got my card in 9/12 no auto CLI, but I did get some BT checks, that if you write one for up to 3k, they will give you a CLI in that amount. I wrote one to myself for 3k, and pd the 3k back (plus BT fee), and card went from 5k -- 8k.

In the past on my other Barclays card, I went online and requested a CLI and was denied (hard pull on TU). Then 3 weeks later, I got an auto CLI in the amount requested. They sent a letter saying the denial of the CLI was a mistake. That was on a US Air card.

Can you specify that? Is that a targeted offer? I havn't heard anything about this before. Thank you.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 18 of 21
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

Can you specify that? Is that a targeted offer? I havn't heard anything about this before. Thank you.

They sent me 3 BT checks in the mail. Not sure if they were targeted or not, I have received them in the past, but never used them. This time there was a letter that came with the checks, and the letter said that fhe first check could be used for a BT for 0% for 12 months (3% fee). It had an offer that the first 3k of the check would be matched with a CLI for up to 3k. The other 2 checks were BT checks for 0% for 15 months. The letter said you could transfer a balance, or write a check to yourself and use it to pay off multiple cards.

So I wrote the check to myself, and when it cleared, I paid Barclay's back, plus the BT fee, effectively getting a CLI (for the price of the BT fee) with no HP.

It seems that I never get the targeted offers from Barclays. When people were saying they got the NFL card, and offered another $200 cash back if they spent a certain amount, I never got those offers. I decided to use this one to increase my limit without a hard pull. I did not want to do a CLI request online, as I know it is a hard pull, and Barclays seems picky (with me anyway). I have had the US Air card for 4 years, and got one CLI. But in all fairness, I don't use the card alot.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 19 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

I want a Chiefs card with all my heart.  I hope they give it to me this fall.

Smiley Indifferent

Much better!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.