Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Sallie Mae auto CLI

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Barclay's Sallie Mae auto CLI

Received an email from Barclay's today saying that they increased the limit on my Sallie Mae card to $3400 (it was $2100).  I do use the card a lot for gas, groceries and Amazon, have never spent a penny on any non-5% category and have never carried a balance.  The card is awesome for me because it covers 3 out of my 5 biggest spend categories (dining and travel being the others).

This card is special to me because it was my re-entry to the world of mainstream credit (and also prompted my first post to myFICO).  I did receive a Capital One QS1 a few months prior, but had otherwise been shut out of new credit cards since the financial crisis.  I was initially declined for this card, but using knowledge gained here on myFICO I called in to recon and they approved me for a $1k starting limit about 18 months ago in January.  I asked for and received a CLI after 6 months for $200 if I recall, and at 12 months I received a CLI to $2.1k total.  I was just thinking I should ask for another CLI next month as I get to 18 months total, but they beat me to the punch.

I'm really happy with Barclay's and they've been very good to me.  I hope the Sallie Mae keeps earning 5% for years to come!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's Sallie Mae auto CLI

congrats!! I love Sallie Mae too, it's an amazing cash-back card and will definitely be missed if they ever kill it off for those of us lucky enough to have one Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Sallie Mae is my most used card. It's also my lowest limit card. Barclay's doesn't like me.

Message 3 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

That was a much prized 5% card which i just didn't get a chance to land and then it was gone.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a very nice auto CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto CLI

Message 9 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.