cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's usage results in a healthy auto-CLI!

tag
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's usage results in a healthy auto-CLI!

EDIT: for some reason  i cannot get this message to be the reply, it gets merged into masscredit's post Smiley Happy

I know my initial credit limit(4k) was a bit lower than my main card (11k) at the time of applying, and called them when i received it in the mail and asked them to match my USAA Amex, and they counter offered with 10k.  Though its not a card from barclay, they will surely match closely to your key palyer cards you currently use

masscredit wrote:

I have a pile of "pre-selected" Rewards Card applications from Barclay's. I've been receiving one every week or two lately. Thinking about taking them up on their offer to see what I get.  I read something about them matching credit lines if a person has another one of their cards. Don't know if that is the case all of the time.

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 11 of 27
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 27
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Thanks for posting!
Congrats!
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 13 of 27
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

Congrats!! I also got a CLI from them earlier this year. I was at 500 and they jumped me to 1500. I am hoping next time around they take me to 3k Smiley Happy

Gardening since: 4/2015
Starting Score: 666 Current Score: 688(Barclay FICO) Goal Score: 750

Message 14 of 27
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 15 of 27
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

OP, Congrats on CLI, and thanks for sharing!! It's great to hear they do auto CLIs because I am hoping for the same (just opened MC Rewards 3-4 months ago) in a couple of months....
>

Message 16 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!  Looking forward to that kind of success as well...Two months in with that card and that card is getting a work out...lol

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 18 of 27
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I mentioned in one of the other threads that I was expecting an auto-CLI from Barclay's anyday now. Well... that day was today! Just logged into my account for the forth or fift time today (not that I keep track of them or anything) and saw that my CL had jumped up by $3000. Went from $5500. to $8500.  I usually put $500. - $2000. on it most months and I've used the balance transfer checks once in awhile. I also make multiple payments each month. This month totalled close to $3k. I guess they do reward heavy usage. My increase history with them is -

Opened account - 8/20/12 - $1300. (reconned to $2000). - 5/2/13 - $3700. (auto-CLI) - 10/24/13 - $5500. (auto-CLI) - 4/24/14 - $8500.(auto-CLI)

The first increase was after 9 months, next one was after 5 months and then 6 months after that. 

If anyone has a long history with them, should this keep going or will the auto-increases stop at some point? 

Oh, and I was hoping to get to $7500. with this increase. Made my night! Smiley Happy 

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 19 of 27
AQ
New Contributor

I am not a long-time user, but for anyone else reading this, my limited experience has been similar.  They have been generous in my short history witih them.

Ch 7 BK Discharged in 11/12.  Started trying to rebuild credit immediately--secured loan, secured CC.  Barclay was my first unsecured CC offer that didn't come with nasty fees.  I opened about a year ago, with a CL of $1000, which was double my secured CC with my credit union.  6 months later, auto CLI to $3000.  I had a high balance just recently, due to using one of their BT checks to pay down a tax debt (that I still have a judgment for).  I paid my balance off in hopes it might boost my chances of a CLI or a bigger CLI. I don't know if it helped, but just this week I received a CLI to $6000.  For my situation, that's great!  My credit score is still hurting, due to that judgement from an unpaid tax lien.  My scores are actually lower now, by a little bit, than they were when I was pre-selected by Barclay.  My TU is probably in the low 640s and my EQ maybe low 650s.  They haven't been out of the 660s at all since BK.  I also have a low income, and I have been an undegraduate and now graduate student for the last several years, so this has been a wonderful little boost, considering my income, so-so credit score, fairly recent BK, and having low CL on my other CCs.

Like the OP, I tend to charge a lot to my Barclay card and almost always pay in full each month.  The only time I carried a balance was when I used the BT checks at 2/3 my CL.  So, either they just give good, automatic CLI or they do so for people who charge a lot each month, regardless of their carrying a balance or not. 

Starting Score: TU 641 2/28/13 EQ 640 3/1/13
Current Score: TU706 EQ???
Goal Score: 750 750

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.