Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay treating me right!

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

Barclay treating me right!

Short history....I have had Barclay's NFL card for a year and a half. Started with 500 CL and had that increased to 2000 after 6-7 months. I applied and reconned on a Barclay Arrival Plus back in April and received a 1500 cl. I received the 40k bonus a month ago, but since my credit line was small I couldn't book the trip I had gotten the card for in the first place. Long story short I called the backdoor number to move 1500 from my NFL card to the arrival to book the trip. While I did that I thought what the heck, let me see if I could have increased it with a CLI using the website. I didn't think it would work due to only have the Arrival for two months, but I asked for an increase from 1500 to 3000 and the website  increased it to 2780!

This happened literally while I was on the phone with Barclay getting the lined moved over. When she did move the line my credit limit only showed 3000 instead of 4280 which would have been the CLI + the moved credit line. I called the backdoor number back and a new analyst looked it over. I thought they would just say because I transferred the line I was not eligible for a CLI, but instead she came back and said she saw the increase that was approved and would immediately add it to the 3000 credit line! I really could not be happier with my Barclay experience and it's turning into my go to card over AMEX BCE.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclay treating me right!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your Barclay success!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 3 of 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jpparker07 wrote:

Short history....I have had Barclay's NFL card for a year and a half. Started with 500 CL and had that increased to 2000 after 6-7 months. I applied and reconned on a Barclay Arrival Plus back in April and received a 1500 cl. I received the 40k bonus a month ago, but since my credit line was small I couldn't book the trip I had gotten the card for in the first place. Long story short I called the backdoor number to move 1500 from my NFL card to the arrival to book the trip. While I did that I thought what the heck, let me see if I could have increased it with a CLI using the website. I didn't think it would work due to only have the Arrival for two months, but I asked for an increase from 1500 to 3000 and the website  increased it to 2780!

This happened literally while I was on the phone with Barclay getting the lined moved over. When she did move the line my credit limit only showed 3000 instead of 4280 which would have been the CLI + the moved credit line. I called the backdoor number back and a new analyst looked it over. I thought they would just say because I transferred the line I was not eligible for a CLI, but instead she came back and said she saw the increase that was approved and would immediately add it to the 3000 credit line! I really could not be happier with my Barclay experience and it's turning into my go to card over AMEX BCE.

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@jpparker07 wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.