Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard $11.5k CLI - $40k Limit

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclaycard $11.5k CLI - $40k Limit

@gatorlover wrote:

Congrats! I can't even fathom a CL that large.

I've always wondered with CLs this high -- if you try to swipe your card, say, at a dealership for a new car that costs $35k, would it just approve, no questions asked? Ignoring that this is probably a ludicrious idea unless you're gonna PIF, but assuming you wanna just charge a car to your card, then pay it in full the next cycle..can one do that?

Yes it would approve.  Althoug might want to give Barclay's or any other lender a heads up a large charge is about to come their way.  Most likely they will approve it although might have some questions prior to doing so..Such as repayment plans, etc.

Message 11 of 15
gatorlover
Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@gatorlover wrote:

Congrats! I can't even fathom a CL that large.

I've always wondered with CLs this high -- if you try to swipe your card, say, at a dealership for a new car that costs $35k, would it just approve, no questions asked? Ignoring that this is probably a ludicrious idea unless you're gonna PIF, but assuming you wanna just charge a car to your card, then pay it in full the next cycle..can one do that?

Yes it would approve.  Althoug might want to give Barclay's or any other lender a heads up a large charge is about to come their way.  Most likely they will approve it although might have some questions prior to doing so..Such as repayment plans, etc.

Thanks for the response. Makes sense! 

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 12 of 15
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the impressive CLI with Barclay.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:

I'm My Barclay Arrival+ increased from $28.5k to $40k. I asked for $50k and have made more than $70k in transfers with them over the past several years so I'm surprised it wasn't approved.

You need to figure out a way to get $500 more dollars Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/So-I-m-going-to-ask-Barclays-for-a-40K-CL-UPDA...

I am kidding of course! Fantastic CL!

Message 14 of 15
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Wow! Congrats. you put  a lot of coin thru that card,  is it for business travel?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.