cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Apple Rewards CLI w/hp..... success!

tag
msaigh
New Contributor

Barclaycard Apple Rewards CLI w/hp..... success!

My Barclaycard Apple Rewards card is 16 months old with a SL of $7,000.

Never received an auto CLI, but only ran $50-100 per month through it so I didn't expect one.  

I decided today to initiate an online credit line increase.  

Asked for $25,000 and it was approved. 

A few data points:

1. Clean TransUnion report, 1 inquiry, FICO 8 score of 798, AAoA 3 years 7 months.

2. TransUnion report cannot be frozen, I had to do a global unfreeze so they can process the CLI request.

3.  Representative asked why I wanted such a high credit line? My response, I will never allow a balance to appear on my credit report that's more than 9% of that cards total credit limit. So even with the 18 months at 0% interest promo on Apple products, a $7000 limit was not enough for me to buy anything other than an Apple Watch.

TU 798 / 1 INQ, EQ 794 / 1 INQ, EX 789 / 7 INQ, AAoA 3.7 years as of 2016-07-12
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Apple Rewards CLI w/hp..... success!

Big Congrats! Nice Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nicely done! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msaigh wrote:

My Barclaycard Apple Rewards card is 16 months old with a SL of $7,000.

Never received an auto CLI, but only ran $50-100 per month through it so I didn't expect one.  

I decided today to initiate an online credit line increase.  

Asked for $25,000 and it was approved. 

A few data points:

1. Clean TransUnion report, 1 inquiry, FICO 8 score of 798, AAoA 3 years 7 months.

2. TransUnion report cannot be frozen, I had to do a global unfreeze so they can process the CLI request.

3.  Representative asked why I wanted such a high credit line? My response, I will never allow a balance to appear on my credit report that's more than 9% of that cards total credit limit. So even with the 18 months at 0% interest promo on Apple products, a $7000 limit was not enough for me to buy anything other than an Apple Watch.

Congratulations On Your Approval!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley HappyWoman LOL

Message 4 of 6
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats!  Aweosme limit for Apple!  Woman Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.