Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard: Denial -Recon -$15,000.00 Approval

tag
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

Barclaycard: Denial -Recon -$15,000.00 Approval

Been curious about Barclaycard Arrival Plus lately. Thought their rewards program was interesting and so I app'd. (Supposely with BC, the strategy is to purchase your travel arrangement, get charged, and then use your points to redeem as statement credits, at least that's what I read online). The screen loaded in slow motion and I got the dreaded, "You'll receive a decision within 30 days" notification. Not soon enough for me so I searched online and found that I could log onto an 'app checker' to check the status of my application. I logged in and watched the page load again, denied.  Now I was really disapointed, so next I Google'd the recon number to give that a try. I ended up speaking with a really nice rep. He took a look at my file and told me, "I'm sorry I can't give you more, but we're going to start you at $15,000.00." I was like...."uh, okay, yea sure. thank you." Thanks Barclaycard! Gotta love those 5 figure SLs! 

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard: Denial -Recon -$15,000.00 Approval

Nice, very nice! Congratulations!!!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Any clue why they denied you?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Congratulations on your new CL! 

Message 4 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats...  Any data points you care to share with the community?

Such as AAoA, TU score, Inquires on TU, etc.  Thanks

Message 5 of 12
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Any clue why they denied you?

I should've asked, but I was so happy with the approval I didn't want to jinx it so I didn't. I'm going to assume it was my ch7 bk from 6 years ago. It normally always is. I'll put the data points in my other reply. I guess the good thing about getting used to 'reconning' apps is that we've all become experts at reconning. haha!

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 6 of 12
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

How many new accounts and Inqs in last 2 years?

Message 7 of 12
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats...  Any data points you care to share with the community?

Such as AAoA, TU score, Inquires on TU, etc.  Thanks

Thanks! Data Points are as follows >>> June TU FICO 725; FICO 8: 743; TU Inquiries Prior to App: 0; Only Derog: ch7 bk 2011, AAoA 6 years. Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

0 inq on TU this year prior to app. 5 new accts this year.

Message 9 of 12
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet! Congratulations on your new CL! 

Thanks! Always nice to add another card to the family.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.