cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard NFL Extra Points Visa Card APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard NFL Extra Points Visa Card APPROVED!

Been in the garden for over a year and decided to apply. Got the message that my app was under review so I immediately called the Barclay's Reconsider Line and after answering several questions the rep came back and said I was approved. My thin file came into question but I honestly explained our family hardship with my disabled husband.

Having the Open Sky secured card and keeping utilization around 5% for over a year clinched the deal.
My fico 8 is 670 and they pulled TU.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard NFL Extra Points Visa Card APPROVED!

Congrats! What kind of a limit did they give you.

treat it right and you should be able to have that raised fairly high over the next 12 months

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

$500.00 is my limit.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also my secured card (and only c.f. has a $200 credit limit).
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the typos: cc limit on secured card.
Message 5 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
$500.00 is my limit.

When I first found this forum, one of the first cards I received was the Barclays Rewards card with a $500 limit.

I used it profusely and paid in full.

Within 2 years, I had 4 Barclay cards and $40,000 in available credit from them.

take care of them and they will take care of you......

Barclaycard is a jealous jealous mate though. Flirt too much with the other issuers and she will cut you off at the knees, so watch the apps and your usage.

Enjoy! 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 6 of 16
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
$500.00 is my limit.

When I first found this forum, one of the first cards I received was the Barclays Rewards card with a $500 limit.

I used it profusely and paid in full.

Within 2 years, I had 4 Barclay cards and $40,000 in available credit from them.

take care of them and they will take care of you......

Barclaycard is a jealous jealous mate though. Flirt too much with the other issuers and she will cut you off at the knees, so watch the apps and your usage.

Enjoy! 

Yes! Barclays is a jealous lover! Think Fatal Attraction! 

Congrats OP, your definitely on your way!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 7 of 16
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

BTW, you are aware that the ONLY nfl card worth having is the Denver Broncos card right?? Lol

Which team did you get? 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I chose the BRONCOS...Broncomania baby!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have learned here on this forum that Barclay's is a jealous lover. I had zero inquiries on TU or EQ and 1 on EX. I do not plan on applying for anymore cards for a couple of years so hopefully that will keep me on their warm and fuzzy side.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.