cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Red Aviator - Approved After Recon

Contributor

Barclaycard Red Aviator - Approved After Recon

After assisting my mom with this card and I my quest for more points, I applied for this card and received a pending message. I immediately checked the status site and it read that they were unable to approve me and a response would come in 7-10 days.

Generally, I don’t recon for myself (only advocate for family) but I wanted to make this pull count and reading about the Uber card reconsiderations gave me hope.

I called the recon line and they verified my identity and told me the system automatically declined me. I didn’t ask why (but I opened an Arrival + in July). They verbally confirmed income and put me on hold to look at my report.

After a minute or so he came back and asked why I opened four new cards recently and how much I spend monthly on cards. I told him something along the lines of getting all of my cards opened now so they age together and that this would be my last one for probably a year given the automatic denial.

He congratulated me on my good payment history, etc. and said they were able to reconsider approval for $5K.

I’ve failed at gardening and I’m probably broken 😔🤣 but I’m glad it was approved. Now, I’m really off to the garden and plan to actually commit in the garden thread.

Data points below:
TransUnion Pull
FICO 8 - 737
AAoA - 7yr1mo
Utilization - 15%
Last opened card - October 16
Inquiries - 7 (2 from August, 6 since May, 1 dropping off in Dec)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Red Aviator - Approved After Recon

Congratulations on a successful recon!

Starting FICOs: EX 644, EQ 615, TU 626 (09/20/17)
Current FICOs: EX 699, EQ 668, TU 680 (11/20/17)
1st Goal FICOs: EX 750, EQ 750, TU 750 (??/??/??)
Message 2 of 5
Frequent Contributor

Wow. That's amazing!  Congrats!

EQ 665, TU 687, EX 680. Navy Signature Go Rewards 15K, Navy Signature Cash Rewards 9K, Navy CLOC 15K, Navy Mortgage 120K, John Deere 15K, Suncoast TB Rays Cash Rewards 6K, USAA AX Card 3K, State Farm Rewards 2.5K, Paypal Credit 2.5K, Cabela's 2K, BBVA Clear Points 2K, Kay Jewelers 2K, Chevron & Texaco Visa 1.5K, BB&T 1.5K, BMO Harris Bank 1.5K, 5/3 1K, Marathon 2K, Amazon Store Card 4K, USAA Preferred Cash Rewards 1K, Pier 1 1K, Amex BCE 1K, Walmart 6K, Lowes 17K, BOA 300.00.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thanks @adkins and @scott2696

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Barclaycard astounds me with how quickly they report. I got the reconsideration at 7:30 last night and they’ve already reported as of this morning.

Message 5 of 5