cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards Approved - Recon For CLI?

tag
TFD2HOUSE
Established Member

Re: Barclaycard Rewards Approved - Recon For CLI?

I remember when I did the pre approval thing for the rewards MasterCard almost two weeks ago, that when the congrats page popped up, the fine print said that the 0% intro apr was given based upon "our" review of your credit report, or something like that.

That said I got a $500 cl and I felt the same way you did, didn't want to poke the bear but you've inspired me to give it a try.
Message 11 of 13
ferris274

UPDATE:  After running about $2,500 thru the card and making payments for about half of it, I decided to wait until my first statement cut yesterday, just to make sure that the intro APR and bonus points wouldn't "magically" appear.  Unfortunately, the "magic" didn't happen, so I sent a secure message referencing the offer that I applied for.  2 responses later, they refuse to give me either part of the offer.

Needless to say, I'm somewhat upset about this situation.  However, before the balance posted, I decided to app for a Chase Freedom, and I was approved for a $3,000 limit, which is higher than my Barclay Rewards. Smiley Happy 

I'll probably keep putting utilities and groceries on my Barclay (I don't have anything with better than 2% right now), and put everything else on the Freedom (hooray for the $200 bonus and 5% back on gas in Q1).  I'm vaguely concerned that Barclays might not be thrilled with another TL within a month of getting their card, but I'm not particularly thrilled with them either.  My util is still low, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I lost the Barclay at the cost of getting a Freedom.

Message 12 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats again 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.