Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays APPROVED on Recon!!!

Congrats!   Research and info is a wonderful thing isn't it?    Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 31 of 54
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

It sure is! Barclays Rewards is my 3rd $2500 limit card! That is really how much I need on one card to cover all my everyday items without getting right up on the limit. And now I have 3 everyday rewards cards now which is really nice. I think I'm going to move all of my utility bills over to Barclays from Cap1 Cash Rewards since I get 2% versus 1.5%. All my gas and groceries will go on it too. And Cap1 will hold the $1500 emergency plus other items that don't fall into the 5% cash back categories of Chase and Discover. I've dreamed of this day...having multiple rewards cards to maximize cash back from everyday spending categories. I don't want to start off using a prime card for an emergency as they may frown upon me not PIFing as soon as I get it. So Cap1 cash rewards has history of PIFing since July so it makes sense to put the emergency on that card and PIF the Freedom, Discover It, and Barclays. It is soooo nice to have choices finally! I love it!

I should have listened a little bit more before I applied though and skipped the CU. I didn't have a great feeling about it and when I got on the phone, my chances worsened but I applied anyway...I guess I wanted to see if a blacklist was in effect and it is so I plan on moving all my accounts over now to a different CU. If I would have only went for Barclays and Discover, I would have had 2 for 2 but instead ended up with 2/3, which isn't bad but could have easily been a perfect spree.

My CU actually has blacklist notes in my file! They wrote down my Ch 13 BK in the notes field and it is still there way after the BK 13 deleted and that was all that lady talked about was my BK 13 and the collection. The BK 7 is the only BK left on my report but they are going off of cliff notes they made in the system. You would think it would be illegal for them to deny you partly due to an old item no longer on your credit report. And the CU wasn't even included in the BK 13, just the Ch 7. So they are going to deny me based on the BK 13 notes that they have in their computer versus make a decision based on what is actually in my credit report...this is a prime example of blacklisting. Remembering something on your credit report that was bad and that was way past the time of deletion and/or reconciliation.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 32 of 54
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Sounds like a good plan to me also to max your rewards Smiley Happy
Message 33 of 54
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Thanks lg! I am stoked! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 34 of 54
Ron1
Super Contributor

moving forward,

You got a good rewards card now. Forget about your CU. I had a similar situation like you. I joined one of the local cu.  I applied for the credit card on the same time. I got approved for $5K. They called me back and they required paystub. Later, they required 2 years of income tax return. I told them to forget about it.  A Few days later, I got approved for US Bank Cash+.  I closed that CU account. I guess they don't want my business. I took it to US Bank.

Ron.

Message 35 of 54
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That's ridiculous...asking for things only a mortgage loan usually requires. Good for you Ron1! I'm so glad that you decided to move on. CUs that are local often times have the strictest underwriting requirements around. And it's so stupid considering that members are less likely to default because their checking and savings accounts are tied to the loan such that they can freeze your assets if you default.
Message 36 of 54
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
That's ridiculous...asking for things only a mortgage loan usually requires. Good for you Ron1! I'm so glad that you decided to move on. CUs that are local often times have the strictest underwriting requirements around. And it's so stupid considering that members are less likely to default because their checking and savings accounts are tied to the loan such that they can freeze your assets if you default.

Yes, it is. Some of the CU are really good just like banks.  Not all of them are bad. Smiley Happy

Congrats on your approval for Discover IT and Chase Freedom!!!! Those are excellent cards you have.

Ron.

Message 37 of 54
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1000 Smiley Happy
Message 38 of 54
samahok
Contributor

Hi I just applied and got the 10 day message...would someone be kind enough to PM me the recon number that everyone seems to be having all this good recon luck with? I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you very much!!!
Message 39 of 54
LS2982
Mega Contributor

1866 408 4064

Good luck!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.