Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

tag
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

I applied last night, was instantly declined.  I called the recon number 866-408-4064. TU pull of course, she looked over it and asked me why the amount of inquiries and why I had a late auto payment 2 years ago. I answered honestly, she put me on hold for a few minutes came back and told me I have been doing great with my payment history and uti and thats somehing they like to see, she approved me for $2k! Recon definitely works with Barclays!

Data Points:

TU FICO 642

14 inquiries

4 new accounts

4% uti

AAoA 2 years

1 medical collection 

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

What did you tell her about the inquiries?

Message 2 of 14
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

I was honest with her and told her I was dumb in my early 20s, and trashed my credit so I've been rebuilding the past 2 years. I told her I have been actively applying for cards while rebuilding and pointed out they are all at a $0 balance, and reporting $0 balance except for Discover is at $53. She liked that. 

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work being honest.

Recon stories are great, thanks for sharing.  It goes to show that if a person who was declined really wants a new TL and can prove they're less of a risk, lenders might be willing to stretch their underwriting standards beyond what a robot algorithm states.

I've never reconned a decline yet -- waiting to get my FICO scores back to the 650s before I attempt one.  

Message 4 of 14
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

I agree and I think it helps to be prepared so you can quickly, efficiently, and confidently answer their questions. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimmyWayne wrote:

I applied last night, was instantly declined.  I called the recon number 866-408-4064. TU pull of course, she looked over it and asked me why the amount of inquiries and why I had a late auto payment 2 years ago. I answered honestly, she put me on hold for a few minutes came back and told me I have been doing great with my payment history and uti and thats somehing they like to see, she approved me for $2k! Recon definitely works with Barclays!

Data Points:

TU FICO 642

14 inquiries

4 new accounts

4% uti

AAoA 2 years

Congratulations on your Barclay approval! Recon line is a life saver.

Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to recon with Sir BarclaysSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  How do you all get those pics of your credit cards and amounts to show up on every reply.  

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar story. Did an online application for the Apple Rewards card and got the decline via letter today. I called the above-referenced number and spoke with one rep and had to explain my bad credit history. After speaking to him, I was passed to another rep who asked me some security questions. At the end of the call, I was approved for a 2,500 credit limit. My TU credit score currently is at 631.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent job on the recon approval!! Congratulations!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.