cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

New Contributor

Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

I applied last night, was instantly declined.  I called the recon number 866-408-4064. TU pull of course, she looked over it and asked me why the amount of inquiries and why I had a late auto payment 2 years ago. I answered honestly, she put me on hold for a few minutes came back and told me I have been doing great with my payment history and uti and thats somehing they like to see, she approved me for $2k! Recon definitely works with Barclays!

Data Points:

TU FICO 642

14 inquiries

4 new accounts

4% uti

AAoA 2 years

1 medical collection 

Merrick $1.1k | CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $1.5k | Discover $2.2k | Amex Everyday $1k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $2k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $2.5k | Final Visa $4k | PayPal MC $700 | Chase Sapphire Preffered $5k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

What did you tell her about the inquiries?

FICO8FICO8Visit my posts:
03/1712/17My 11 Rules to Credit RebuildingFree FICO Scores!
550EX
570TU
559EQ
710EX
701TU
734EQ
FICO alert: why did my credit score drop???
Message 2 of 14
New Contributor

I was honest with her and told her I was dumb in my early 20s, and trashed my credit so I've been rebuilding the past 2 years. I told her I have been actively applying for cards while rebuilding and pointed out they are all at a $0 balance, and reporting $0 balance except for Discover is at $53. She liked that. 

Merrick $1.1k | CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $1.5k | Discover $2.2k | Amex Everyday $1k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $2k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $2.5k | Final Visa $4k | PayPal MC $700 | Chase Sapphire Preffered $5k
Message 3 of 14
Valued Contributor

Nice work being honest.

Recon stories are great, thanks for sharing.  It goes to show that if a person who was declined really wants a new TL and can prove they're less of a risk, lenders might be willing to stretch their underwriting standards beyond what a robot algorithm states.

I've never reconned a decline yet -- waiting to get my FICO scores back to the 650s before I attempt one.  

FICO8FICO8Visit my posts:
03/1712/17My 11 Rules to Credit RebuildingFree FICO Scores!
550EX
570TU
559EQ
710EX
701TU
734EQ
FICO alert: why did my credit score drop???
Message 4 of 14
New Contributor

I agree and I think it helps to be prepared so you can quickly, efficiently, and confidently answer their questions. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Established Member

JimmyWayne wrote:

I applied last night, was instantly declined.  I called the recon number 866-408-4064. TU pull of course, she looked over it and asked me why the amount of inquiries and why I had a late auto payment 2 years ago. I answered honestly, she put me on hold for a few minutes came back and told me I have been doing great with my payment history and uti and thats somehing they like to see, she approved me for $2k! Recon definitely works with Barclays!

Data Points:

TU FICO 642

14 inquiries

4 new accounts

4% uti

AAoA 2 years

Congratulations on your Barclay approval! Recon line is a life saver.

Message 6 of 14
Super Contributor

Way to recon with Sir BarclaysSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  How do you all get those pics of your credit cards and amounts to show up on every reply.  

EQ 665, TU 687, EX 680. Navy Signature Go Rewards 15K, Navy Signature Cash Rewards 9K, Navy CLOC 15K, Navy Mortgage 120K, John Deere 15K, Suncoast TB Rays Cash Rewards 6K, USAA AX Card 3K, State Farm Rewards 2.5K, Paypal Credit 2.5K, Cabela's 2K, BBVA Clear Points 2K, Kay Jewelers 2K, Chevron & Texaco Visa 1.5K, BB&T 1.5K, BMO Harris Bank 1.5K, 5/3 Trio 1K, 5/3 Truly Simple 4K, Marathon 2.2K, Amazon Store Card 4K, USAA Preferred Cash Rewards 1K, Pier 1 1.8K, Amex BCE 1K, Walmart 6K, Lowes 17K, TBFCU 5K, BOA 300.00.
Message 8 of 14

I have a similar story. Did an online application for the Apple Rewards card and got the decline via letter today. I called the above-referenced number and spoke with one rep and had to explain my bad credit history. After speaking to him, I was passed to another rep who asked me some security questions. At the end of the call, I was approved for a 2,500 credit limit. My TU credit score currently is at 631.

Message 9 of 14
Established Contributor

Excellent job on the recon approval!! Congratulations!!!

In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Message 10 of 14