Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival+ Approved!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays Arrival+ Approved!

Congrats... What is 50k Points worth $500?

Was tempted as well just got get free money with an AF waived for first year as I always get instant with barclay's, but believe I got my cash forwards about 3 months ago and tend to lean towards 6 months between applications with barclays.  I actually closed out my hawiaan airlines CC recently and move only about half the CL over to my cash forward so I know I still have money on the table with them for future approvals.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

image.png

Call them.  I got $6 at 23% with a paid collection and 698 08. I think you could get higher man.

Message 12 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Earlier I saw the bonus was increased from 40k to 50k points and AF waived, so decided to give it a try.  Instantly approved for $5k and 23.24% APR (yikes!).  I have 7 TU inquiries in the last 6 months, clean file, 3 years AAOA and 6% util.  I also received the Hawaiian Airlines card in April which has a $20k limit.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 5.52.26 PM.png

Congrats B335is you should definitely call recon and ask for a higher limit + lower rate. I imagine your scores are probably better than mine when I got approved back in March. They actually declined me and I called recon and was able to get an approval for $5k, called again about 10 days later and got them to up the limit to $10k. 

Thanks.  I'm fine with the limit and APR actually.  I don't carry balances with Barclays due to the previously AA my accounts.

Message 13 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Earlier I saw the bonus was increased from 40k to 50k points and AF waived, so decided to give it a try.  Instantly approved for $5k and 23.24% APR (yikes!).  I have 7 TU inquiries in the last 6 months, clean file, 3 years AAOA and 6% util.  I also received the Hawaiian Airlines card in April which has a $20k limit.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 5.52.26 PM.png

7 inq in the last 6 months but how many new accounts? I have yet to get a barclay card in my wallet. Congrats on landing this card with a pretty great sign up bonus Smiley Happy

Thanks, I actually wasn't expecting an instant approval.  10 new accts in the last 6 months. 

Message 14 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Jerry45 wrote:

Well Done B33! Was it a single pull?

Thank you!  Yes, just a TU pull.

Message 15 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats... What is 50k Points worth $500?

Was tempted as well just got get free money with an AF waived for first year as I always get instant with barclay's, but believe I got my cash forwards about 3 months ago and tend to lean towards 6 months between applications with barclays.  I actually closed out my hawiaan airlines CC recently and move only about half the CL over to my cash forward so I know I still have money on the table with them for future approvals.

Well $500 in travel purchases.  It's something like half that if you use as cash back.

I actually got my Hawaiian card in April 2016, then applied for a Wyndham card in July 2016 (which was denied).  So I think six months is a pretty good rule of thumb with Barclays depending on your overall credit picture.

Message 16 of 27
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Barclay's is always a little jumpy with things from my experience.  They low ball when they're seeing activity on your reports from others.  They CLD / AA if you make subtle changes such as opening another card with them.  I had a couple of cards with them but, when they started playing games I shut them down in 2007 and never looked back.  IMO they're subprime compared to Cap1 but, then again I only have a Cap1 card due to the consolidation back in 2008.  

Buyer be wary when it comes to Barclay's and getting into a long term relationship with them.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice approval B, congrats on enjoy the bonus Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Wow.. kinda surprised, right? That's a nice bonus for sure. Makes me wonder if I want to bite.. but then again right now I'm not sure about the spend. Probably could figure it out, though.. for $525 hehe
Message 19 of 27
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

Barclay's is always a little jumpy with things from my experience.  They low ball when they're seeing activity on your reports from others.  They CLD / AA if you make subtle changes such as opening another card with them.  I had a couple of cards with them but, when they started playing games I shut them down in 2007 and never looked back.  IMO they're subprime compared to Cap1 but, then again I only have a Cap1 card due to the consolidation back in 2008.  

Buyer be wary when it comes to Barclay's and getting into a long term relationship with them.

So Barclays is not the kind of girl you take home to mama? Just looks pretty on your arm? Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.