Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival+ Approved!

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival+ Approved!

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

Barclay's is always a little jumpy with things from my experience.  They low ball when they're seeing activity on your reports from others.  They CLD / AA if you make subtle changes such as opening another card with them.  I had a couple of cards with them but, when they started playing games I shut them down in 2007 and never looked back.  IMO they're subprime compared to Cap1 but, then again I only have a Cap1 card due to the consolidation back in 2008.  

Buyer be wary when it comes to Barclay's and getting into a long term relationship with them.

So Barclays is not the kind of girl you take home to mama? Just looks pretty on your arm? Lol

LOL!  Well Said

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! But I thought reading a thread a while ago about this card not making much sense anymore ?
Message 22 of 27
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats. The card has been nerfed, but I still find it useful. Think you'll like it.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 23 of 27
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

Barclay's is always a little jumpy with things from my experience.  They low ball when they're seeing activity on your reports from others.  They CLD / AA if you make subtle changes such as opening another card with them.  I had a couple of cards with them but, when they started playing games I shut them down in 2007 and never looked back.  IMO they're subprime compared to Cap1 but, then again I only have a Cap1 card due to the consolidation back in 2008.  

Buyer be wary when it comes to Barclay's and getting into a long term relationship with them.

Or buyer be grateful for the great relationship that can be built with them which garners SP CLIs, APR reductions, bonus spend promos and 1% fee BT offers.

FWIW I've been with them for over 3 years and have added over $300,000 in credit since then, including an additional Barclays card.  No AA. No CLD. 

Message 24 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! But I thought reading a thread a while ago about this card not making much sense anymore ?

It's a great sign up bonus, but in the long run, little to no reason to pay $89 for 2% back that you can only redeem for travel purchases.

You can downgrade to a no fee Arrival or Rewards card and that is probably a good idea for most who don't want to close after the first year.

Message 25 of 27
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Earlier I saw the bonus was increased from 40k to 50k points and AF waived, so decided to give it a try.  Instantly approved for $5k and 23.24% APR (yikes!).  I have 7 TU inquiries in the last 6 months, clean file, 3 years AAOA and 6% util.  I also received the Hawaiian Airlines card in April which has a $20k limit.

Congrats, B! I forget, did you have this card before prior to closing your Barclays cards post AA?

If so, were you able to confirm that the previous card holders can get bonuses again?

Message 26 of 27
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

That's also my question when you read the fine print it says offer is only valid for new card applicants. Pre existing card members do not qualify?  I have the ARR+ so I would not be eligible. My wife closed hers about 3 months ago but still has a cash fwd with 9.5 k CL. Would she be eligible?  

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.