cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival+ approved after 7 days!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Arrival+ approved after 7 days!

I guess this can serve as a data point that they are not always new account sensitive.

I applied in the middle of the night Thursday/Friday 21/22 and received the "application received" email on the 22nd. Checked app status twice this week and it still said they need to review for up to 10 business days. 

This morning woke up to the "thanks for signing up for paperless statements" and "you have been approved!" emails Smiley Happy

$7500 SL, which is right in line with everything else I opened this year - and considering per what Barclays saw on my report this is the 11th new card in the past 25 months I am not disappointed.  Of my first wave of cards last year when my reports were not clean, Barclays and Cap1 were the only lenders who auto-approved me, and they both at least tripled the SLs in the first year so 7500 for the Arrival+ is just fine to start off. 

It serves a few functional purposes so I might keep it even if the AF isn't outrightly beat by rewards after the first year: MC with no FTF, CC with chip + PIN, points to redeem for travel expenses outside of CSP/AMEX. If it really doesn't make sense next year I can always ask them to move the limit over to Sallie Mae (not that anyone needs more than $1250 if immediately PIF'd on that card either haha)

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Arrival+ approved after 7 days!

Do you always pay in full?...congrats
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Approval!

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you always pay in full?...congrats

Thanks, and haha yes, with the slight exception of if the card is on a 0% promo. I floated $1k over December last year on the CapitalOne QS on a 0% APR. 

If I would otherwise have to pay interest though, yes always PIF!

Message 4 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the new Approval!

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess this can serve as a data point that they are not always new account sensitive.

I applied in the middle of the night Thursday/Friday 21/22 and received the "application received" email on the 22nd. Checked app status twice this week and it still said they need to review for up to 10 business days. 

This morning woke up to the "thanks for signing up for paperless statements" and "you have been approved!" emails Smiley Happy

$7500 SL, which is right in line with everything else I opened this year - and considering per what Barclays saw on my report this is the 11th new card in the past 25 months I am not disappointed.  Of my first wave of cards last year when my reports were not clean, Barclays and Cap1 were the only lenders who auto-approved me, and they both at least tripled the SLs in the first year so 7500 for the Arrival+ is just fine to start off. 

It serves a few functional purposes so I might keep it even if the AF isn't outrightly beat by rewards after the first year: MC with no FTF, CC with chip + PIN, points to redeem for travel expenses outside of CSP/AMEX. If it really doesn't make sense next year I can always ask them to move the limit over to Sallie Mae (not that anyone needs more than $1250 if immediately PIF'd on that card either haha)

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great card lineup ... congrats on scoring the Barclays Arrival + WEMC!
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested as to why the Arrival+ makes sense to a credit pro like you given that it's just a 2% back card in disguise and limits you to only travel redemptions. Is it that none of your other travel cards get 2x points on every purchase with no FTF?
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your information and congratulations!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.