Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI x 2!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays CLI x 2!

Hello all! Just to give some hope to those in the rebuild phase, or to those discouraged with Barclays...I called the backdoor number today, and got 1,500 dollar limit increases on both my rewards mastercards!  I have had one for a little over a year, and the other for about 7 months.... My scores as of today are EQ-603, EXP-642, and TU-638 I just explained to the lady I spoke with that I was trying to rebuild my credit, and also that I'm taking a vacation for the first time in five years and would like to not run my utilization up while on vacation....she asked about my BK7, which was filed in 2007, about what led us to file, and also if I had a plan to pay down the remaining balance of around 645 on one and 700 ish on the other..... She placed me on hold for a couple minutes and came back to let me know that she had been able to double my limits! These are the highest limits I have ever had, which compared to some on here is small potatoes but major win for me! Love that recon line!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI x 2!

Congratulations! A victory is a victory, no matter how small. I love Barclay's recon line. They always help me out. They also like to see use and now you can show them you intend to use their cards. Keep it going and you'll have scores in the 700 range within a year. Just let everything age a bit more! I think it helped your case that your highest FICO was TU, which is what they look at.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Was it a hrad or soft pull....thanks!!

Message 3 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

When I was struggling back in the day, they always treated me right. Super nice people to talk with on the phone and very willing to help.

A double is a double no matter how you look at it! 

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks y'all!!  I'm not sure if it's a hard pull, or soft...she didn't ask for my social, she did say she would have to pull my credit file, but I haven't seen an inquiry pop in....at least yet...the limits already show up on my account page, once my reports update again I know that will look awesome for my utilization rate! I was VERY SURPRISED at the automatic target card increase I got yesterday! I got the alert for account change, and had been stuck at 300 since it was opened, I looked and its up to 500!! Target I hear is a buster about giving those out, so I was shocked! My utilization with them is only 20% I believe....had to get the baby more clothes.....can't someone make these babies stop growing so fast? Bricks just don't work! Lol 😆 
Message 5 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Calling the underwriters is more often a hard pull as they need to review an updated credit report ergo ask you questions about items listed. The exception is if there's a separate offer for an APR reduction that may include a soft inquiry for a CLI, but that's rare.
Message 6 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increase! I also recently got an increase recently from Barclays.  They "almost" tripled my initial credit limit! 

If I can get them to grow to close to 5k, I'll keep them for life. No annual fee, and one of my oldest cards. 

Congrats again OP!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! I agree it sounds like it would have been a hard pull, but for what I got out of it I'm ok with one hit..it's. the only inquiry I have for almost six months, and I'm not applying for anything else until my scores are much higher....I've seen a lot of posts on here where people get a starting limit of 5-6 grand or more...I want that lol

She actually asked me what kind of limit I was looking to increase to...I was afraid to ask for too much, so I just said if they could double my limit that would be great....done! :-)
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your increase!! That's amazing!! 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have two rewards mastercard? I didn't know you could have two! I use mine for everything!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.