Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Call-in approval

tag
Midwestsho
Established Member

Barclays Call-in approval

I've been eyeing the Barclays Virgin America card since I fly with Virgin so much but have been waiting until my utilization is down on my other cards.  The problem is that while I don't carry balances on my other cards, I'm constantly charging with them.  So one of them shows an $8000 balance but it's paid in full everyone month.  The problem is that it's only got a $13,000 limit.  That and I have an American Express card that's used for business and shows a high balance of $30,000 despite being paid off every month.

So instead of waiting for my utilization to drop I took a chance and apped for the Virgin America card anyhow, got a "we'll get back to you within 10 days" message and then called the number floating around on this forum.  888-989-8688 

I've never called a recon number before so I didn't know if I was supposed to play coy with my intentions.  No transfers... The number immediately takes you to a credit analyst and once I had him I was honest and said that I saw the phone number here and what information could I give them that could expidite this process.  

After 5 minutes of questions about how I use my cards and even having to explain a Chase card that was delinquent 6 months in a row 5 years ago (it was their fault) he approved me for 10k on the spot and said the card was on it's way.

If this is any indication of their service I'm going to be happy with them.  This was about as painless as painless can be.

My profile as it's reported today (697 TU, 40% utilization).  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclays Call-in approval

Message 2 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Well done Congrats on your success

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 13
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

thats awesome!! we are eyeing the Apple Visa since we are appleholics.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 13
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I had a rather pleasant experience doing the same thing today, except it was with the Barclays Sallie Mae card!

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I found this thread while doing a search here. I've been getting "Pre-selected" apps for their Rewards card over the last couple of months. I've probably received 5-6 so far. My utilization is now reporting 7%, Barclay's gave me an auto-CLI from $5500. - $8500. on my Apple card last week and I just received a $2k CLI on my Cap 1 card from their Luv Button tonight so I figured I'd make use of the Barclay's app. Things have been good and I can make use of the rewards. I was surprized to see their 10 day message -

We appreciate your interest in the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted.
Your application requires further review, which can take up to 10 days.

We will notify you in writing in no more than 30 days (and often sooner) about the status of your application.

I'll probably give them a call instead of waiting. I'd say I've run about $7k-$8k though and paid it down so they can see that I make use of my card. 

btw- congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new card Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Midwestsho wrote:

I've been eyeing the Barclays Virgin America card since I fly with Virgin so much but have been waiting until my utilization is down on my other cards.  The problem is that while I don't carry balances on my other cards, I'm constantly charging with them.  So one of them shows an $8000 balance but it's paid in full everyone month.  The problem is that it's only got a $13,000 limit.  That and I have an American Express card that's used for business and shows a high balance of $30,000 despite being paid off every month.

So instead of waiting for my utilization to drop I took a chance and apped for the Virgin America card anyhow, got a "we'll get back to you within 10 days" message and then called the number floating around on this forum.  888-989-8688 

I've never called a recon number before so I didn't know if I was supposed to play coy with my intentions.  No transfers... The number immediately takes you to a credit analyst and once I had him I was honest and said that I saw the phone number here and what information could I give them that could expidite this process.  

After 5 minutes of questions about how I use my cards and even having to explain a Chase card that was delinquent 6 months in a row 5 years ago (it was their fault) he approved me for 10k on the spot and said the card was on it's way.

If this is any indication of their service I'm going to be happy with them.  This was about as painless as painless can be.

My profile as it's reported today (697 TU, 40% utilization).  

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.