Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Recon Success!

tag
xRayTony
Valued Member

Barclays Recon Success!

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit from some baddies about 5 years ago.  I have worked hard to get rid of a lot of the bad stuff on the reports and was looking for a decent card to go along with the rebuilders I have.  Going with the things I read on here about the Barclay's card, I went ahead and applied last night... aaaaaaand got denied.  With them pulling only the TU report (with it being the best of the 3 currently), I was disappointed of course.  =(   BUT...

Thanks to many threads on here about Reconing with them, I gave them a call this morning and was approved for the MC rewards card.  Mind you it was only for a $500CL, but it's a start!  My TU FICO was at a 680 last night prior to the INQ, but it had 2 chargeoffs and a couple of paid collections.  ... Now it's time to get rid of that ugly FirstPremier (300CL) and convince CapOne (500CL) to increase my CL!

I just wanted to say thanks to those out there that take the time to share their stories and help others.  I've only been on MF a few months (with this being my first post) and the members here are a lot better resource than anything out there.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Recon Success!

@xRayTony wrote:

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit from some baddies about 5 years ago.  I have worked hard to get rid of a lot of the bad stuff on the reports and was looking for a decent card to go along with the rebuilders I have.  Going with the things I read on here about the Barclay's card, I went ahead and applied last night... aaaaaaand got denied.  With them pulling only the TU report (with it being the best of the 3 currently), I was disappointed of course.  =(   BUT...

Thanks to many threads on here about Reconing with them, I gave them a call this morning and was approved for the MC rewards card.  Mind you it was only for a $500CL, but it's a start!  My TU FICO was at a 680 last night prior to the INQ, but it had 2 chargeoffs and a couple of paid collections.  ... Now it's time to get rid of that ugly FirstPremier (300CL) and convince CapOne (500CL) to increase my CL!

I just wanted to say thanks to those out there that take the time to share their stories and help others.  I've only been on MF a few months (with this being my first post) and the members here are a lot better resource than anything out there.

Congrats !!

You're on your way to a good start Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Hey congrats! Barclays is always good for a recon!

Use the card, PIF, rinse and repeat and they will be very good to you.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 11
xRayTony
Valued Member

That's the plan! (I usually pay multiple times a month on the others to avoid a high UTIL. Haha)
Message 4 of 11
xRayTony
Valued Member

When they offered the $500, I asked if getting a higher CL would be possible.  I got the usual "we do reviews... blah blah blah..."  Would a 2nd recon call possibly work to get a higher initial CL or just call it a win and ask in a few months?

Im looking for a mortgage in 13 months (with all my baddies falling off in the next 9 months) and don't want a single HP until after that.  (I believe I've seen their CLI's come with a HP???)

Message 5 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@xRayTony wrote:

When they offered the $500, I asked if getting a higher CL would be possible.  I got the usual "we do reviews... blah blah blah..."  Would a 2nd recon call possibly work to get a higher initial CL or just call it a win and ask in a few months?

Im looking for a mortgage in 13 months (with all my baddies falling off in the next 9 months) and don't want a single HP until after that.  (I believe I've seen their CLI's come with a HP???)

Personally, I wouldn't press your luck.  YMMV

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 11
Chrys12

Thank you for sharing. I am in the same boat. I applied for Barclays on Friday and got a message stating it will take them 10 days to review my app. I do have collections on my report but the majority are medical. I plan on calling tomm for a recon, but don't know what to say.
Message 7 of 11
xRayTony
Valued Member

If I remember correctly, they asked most of the questions.  I would probably go in ready to explain any baddies and speak highly of their card and what you've heard about their product(s).  I did get an auto CLI to 1200 at the 6 month mark as well.

I just applied for a Discover IT card and got a CL of $4000.  Hoping my Barclays can catch up to that since my one year mark is coming up.  =)

Message 8 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They are good with cli! Give it six months of good use, and you could see a bump up to $2 or $3k; it's not uncommon!
I got a cli from $6500-7700 on my Travelocity Amex by Barclay's at the 7th month.
Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

****Old Thread Alert*************Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.